Photo

Warning ROR!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 kater

kater
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Yes you will definitely have to buy him a day pass. From all of the posts on here, you might also get suckered into paying the $200 "loss of sales" fee since the hotel isn't making any money from your photographer staying there. I'm not sure whether that makes you more of a target, but it's something to keep in mind!

#32 msasfraz

msasfraz
    • 392 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

Is that really legal for the resort to make you pay a fee for a service w/ the photoshop that I don't have a contract with? It just seems very idiotic to me to simply give away 200 bucks b/c the photographers there are not cooperating based on logic... [sorry just real pissed that this may be an issue]

#33 msasfraz

msasfraz
      • 392 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

WHew! i just got my reply back for ROR corporate about outside photography 'no worries'

To: Chiquita <>
        CC: Chandlyn Edwards <weddings.ori@riu.com>, Riu Ocho Rios <clubhotel.ochorios@riu.com>
        Subject: Re: Wedding- Riu Ocho Rios 9/27/08

Dear Chiquita,

Thank you very much for contacting Riu Sales Wedding Department.

I would like to inform you that if you prefer to bring your own
        photographer as part of your wedding guests is fine, you should not have
        any inconvenience.

If you shall require further assistance, please do not hesitate to
        contact me.

Warm Regards,

Arlett Santos
        Sales Wedding Coordinator
        Ocho Rios, Jamaica
        Weddings By Riu
        America's Division
        Email: weddings07@riu.com
        Website: Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu

I think i am a go ladies...

#34 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

Has this happened to other photographers?

Seeing as how the bride who hired Robin had full clearance ahead of time to bring an outside photographer and things still went crazy, I would think it would be a good idea to bring the incident to the wedding planners attention. Letting them know that you know of incidents like that carry a lot more weight than just asking the basic question. Know what I mean?

#35 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
          • 179 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

I am glad I read this as well as all of the other informative posts... i guess they will do anything to get their money!  SAD

#36 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
            • 301 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:34 AM

Very helpful post ladies. I friend of mine wanted to get married there and was going to do a site visit while in JA for my wedding. I think she has now changed her mind reading this plus having 80% of the wedding party staying at the hotel. Too many policies! With Iberostar Rose Hall Suites you just have to get a usual Day pass or wedding pass for photog or extra guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users