Photo

Airfare Trend--TA input please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

Hi. I'm trying to book a flight leaving 8/7 from Newark,NJ to Fort Myers, FL...and just a few days ago I seemed to be able to get a decent price ($250 round-trip) but I had to wait around for my mom to decide...I checked today and the prices went up ($333). I know its less than 14 days out but any chance that airfare may drop again or is it more likely to go up even more?? TIA

#2 acire

acire
    • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

My FI and I are long distance, and we see each other every weekend which means A LOT of flights. One of my favorite sites is Farecast. It tracks and trends airfare and will tell you if you should buy now or wait.

#3 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by acire
        My FI and I are long distance, and we see each other every weekend which means A LOT of flights. One of my favorite sites is Farecast. It tracks and trends airfare and will tell you if you should buy now or wait.
        Thx I will check that out

#4 KHarrod

KHarrod
        • 902 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

I use Farecast also, they give you tips on when to buy the tickets for the lowest price.

#5 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

What a cool website, thanks for sharing.

#6 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
            • 413 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:12 AM

Generally speaking - the closer you are to your departure date, the higher the airfares will get, because as the lower classes of service (the "cheaper" seats) get sold out, the fares increase...it's not always the case, but I find that is usually what happens...up here at least!

Lindsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users