Black Pearls? Does anyone have them?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

• VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

I'm thinking of getting my MOH black pearls. I've never seen them in person. Does anyone have them? Thoughts about them? Do you wear them often?

#2 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

I have a new pair of black tahitian pearls that I love! FI bought for me on our engagement trip. They are not really "black" though more like a dark silver with a bluish hue. If they are like what I have, it would be beautiful color with a wedding.

#3 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

ooooh i love mine... i wore black pearl dangly earrings with green swarovski crystals and a matching bracelet for the wedding. the earrings were from Click the image to open in full size.
        ok this pic has both the earrings and bracelet...

as kerry mentioned, they aren't exactly black. i think they have the elegance of white pearls but are a little younger in style and i think they'd be a great gift, imo. :)

#4 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
        • 2,347 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

I have a black pearl necklace/earring set Frank got me a few years back. I absolutely LOVE them! They actually wind up more of a greyish/black color and are really beautiful/exotic...

I posted this earlier, but the forum farted and died in my browser.. :)

#5 NDTexas

• 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

Black pearls are wonderful! They are sort of a gunmetal gray color actually. I wear mine a lot with anything from dinner dresses to suits at work. They make a fabulous gift. I gave pairs to my best friends when we graduated college.

#6 Yari

• VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

I have some and I really like them. They are fun to wear and look very classy.

#7 becks

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

I love them! Everyone is right - they are more of a gunmetal color. The darker and more color-swirled (if that makes sense) black pearls are makes them more expensive.

They also have some gorgeous ones in a pale purpley-red that they call wine pearls.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#8 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

I love mine! As Rebecca said, the darker, the more expensive. Mine weren't very, so they are a bluish-purple gray. ANd they are small 4 or 5 mm I think.

I used to wear them all of the time when I had an office job.

I was actually going to give them to my girls as a gift, but didn't like them with the Aqua dresses.

#9 nbhelms

• 80 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

Black pearls are beautiful...and like everyone else has said...they are more of a gray color

#10 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

I love my black pearls but i never wear them.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users