Photo

marriage license issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Smooth_J

Smooth_J
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hey all....we had our civil wedding today (so we can get everything squared away at the destination)!!! We were all excited and so happy that we didn't bother to look at the license :/

Well, when we came home we read over the license they put my wife's b-day wrong. I know its not a lot, but its enough to cause issues.

So now we both have to go back and get that fixed tomorrow (hopefully)...

Anyone else have issues like this?

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:50 PM

Oh no. They didn't have you double check all the info? I'm sure it can be straightened out, but I'm sure it's not something you want to worry about in the meantime.

Congrats too!
      Happily married since 2008

#3 Smooth_J

Smooth_J
      • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
        Oh no. They didn't have you double check all the info? I'm sure it can be straightened out, but I'm sure it's not something you want to worry about in the meantime.

Congrats too!
        Nope (we were a bit late actually), and we went right upstairs and then we went into the court room. I know the original cannot be altered (at least thats what I heard), so they have to give us a new one. However we cannot provide the same witnesses, or maybe none tomorrow....so I dunno.

I know its nothing to worry about, but I just wanted it to be perfect :/

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

Funny you say that....I just posted in a thread detailing the things that went wrong in weddings. :) They usually aren't perfect, but I understand your sentiments.

I wouldn't worry just yet. It may be a simple fix. :)
          Happily married since 2008

#5 Smooth_J

Smooth_J
          • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
            Funny you say that....I just posted in a thread detailing the things that went wrong in weddings. :) They usually aren't perfect, but I understand your sentiments.

I wouldn't worry just yet. It may be a simple fix. :)
            I am going tomorrow morning to see if I can get this straightened out. Hopefully all is well after, but who knows...

#6 Smooth_J

Smooth_J
            • 27 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

It was a simple fix :)

We went in there this morning and she just changed and luckily she didn't enter it in the system yet. She changed it and then she gave us a formal copy - all is well now!

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

Congratulations on your legal wedding! Very exciting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users