Sign in to follow this  
kerryjbrown

Getting more for the US $ for a Honeymoon?

Ok, so maybe this is a stupid question...but here goes...

We were planning on going to Spain & greece for our honeymoon. Is it cheap of me to be thinking of moving this to somewhere the US $ is doing better? The Euro is so bad (went to Italy/Ireland/France last year and it is worse now). Does anyone know if the $ is doing better in Bora Bora/Bali (our 2nd choice)? Any ideas?

i don't think it's cheap at all - this is just a bad time to go anywhere that is on the euro - my cuz just got back from 10 days in greece and they wound up going $1800 over budget b/c of the euro! ouch

Yeah Bali is def not cheaper. My friend just got back from her honeymoon and said a burger was $35-what.gif

I am also trying to plan for a non euro honeymoon. The US $ blows right now. I also don' t think you are being cheap- it's your money and if you can go when the value goes up... why not wait?

Mexico is always super cheap! I think you could get the most bang for your buck there, but if that's not at all what you want, I wouldn't settle. Maybe just give it some time and save so you can go where yall really want to go. Plus, I LOVE the color of the ocean in Mexico. It's like it's lit up. Gorgeous!

if you are looking for a euro experience without the euro price, one of my good friends honeymooned last august in montreal. they had a great time. we are actually considering a mini-moon there after we get back from our weddingmoon in cabo.

I would do Mexico or perhaps Costa Rica or somewhere in South America. How about the Margarita Islands in Venezuela? I hear that it is beautiful and that you can get a lot of bang for your buck there.