Photo

Bridesmaid Issues??

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 vermontwedding

vermontwedding
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hey, that could be to harsed..but of course your just doing your part, 2 years of time is just too much before she'll tell you she can't afford it. Maybe it's an excuse if she tells you earlier than 2 yrs.

#62 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
    • 301 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

I think I have too many bridesmaids compared to groomsmen. I have 7 bridesmaids and there are only 3 groomsmen. My family is so big and I am so close to all my cousins that everyone was so offended when i didn't ask, I actually found out that they all assumed and had already looked at dresses! I chose my best friend as my MOH so that stopped that drama but it means I cannot have any of my close friends as BM. So things don't look too silly, while ceremony is taking place I am only going to have the MOH and BM standing everyone else can sit! lol

#63 sxcT

sxcT
      • 1,282 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

I think that is a good plan.  Great way to squash any drama.

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA 

I think I have too many bridesmaids compared to groomsmen. I have 7 bridesmaids and there are only 3 groomsmen. My family is so big and I am so close to all my cousins that everyone was so offended when i didn't ask, I actually found out that they all assumed and had already looked at dresses! I chose my best friend as my MOH so that stopped that drama but it means I cannot have any of my close friends as BM. So things don't look too silly, while ceremony is taking place I am only going to have the MOH and BM standing everyone else can sit! lol

#64 Jules23

Jules23
        • 182 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

Im in the same boat!

I had my MOH and 2 bridesmaids and one of my bridesmaids just told me last week that she cant afford to go anymore (because she just got married in the summer) when she confirmed a year ago that she would be in our wedding party. So now we are uneven (2 girls and 3 guys) so my fiance thinks we should just drop the 3rd groomsmen but then i feel horrible about that! I could ask someone else but I feel like its so last minute and I dont want them to feel like a replacement. Plus, I dont really have someone super close that I would really want as my bridesmaid. It would either be my brothers girlfriend OR another friend of mine (one of the groomsmens wife). So I dont know what to do and need to make a decision quick! Urgh. 

#65 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
          • 232 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

I have been to weddings with uneven bridal parties and I dont think it is a big deal.  Two guys can walk with one girl.  I would suggest not choosing another person just to have one.  Good luck with everything.

Originally Posted by Jules23 

Im in the same boat!

I had my MOH and 2 bridesmaids and one of my bridesmaids just told me last week that she cant afford to go anymore (because she just got married in the summer) when she confirmed a year ago that she would be in our wedding party. So now we are uneven (2 girls and 3 guys) so my fiance thinks we should just drop the 3rd groomsmen but then i feel horrible about that! I could ask someone else but I feel like its so last minute and I dont want them to feel like a replacement. Plus, I dont really have someone super close that I would really want as my bridesmaid. It would either be my brothers girlfriend OR another friend of mine (one of the groomsmens wife). So I dont know what to do and need to make a decision quick! Urgh. 

#66 Cabs

Cabs
            • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

I would probably have an uneven bridal party Jules. As EricaMarie said, I wouldn't choose another person that you are not particularly close to just for the sake of having equal numbers. And I certainly wouldn't drop a groomsman - if that was me I would be extremely hurt. Good luck with your decision though - I know its not easy.

Im in the same boat!

#67 tris

tris
              • 609 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

The BM things sucks... same thing happened to me... before it happened we were uneven though. 2 guys and 3 girls. FI wanted to ask his 2 brothers to be GM aswell, but with only 20 people at the wedding it seemed silly having such a big wedding party, and him and his brothers aren't really that close. In the end we're down to 2 and 2, but 3rd BM still "may" find a way to come and in that case we'd be uneven. Really, I don't think an uneven bridal party is that big of deal. Someone is sure to have a husband, boyfriend, girlfriend or wife to dance with if need be :)

Good luck :)

Im in the same boat!

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#68 echraide

echraide
                • 152 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

It seems to be common problem, more bridesmaids than groomsmen. I have 2 bridesmaids and my FI hasn't decided on any groomsmen yet. We still have lots of time, but I don't want it to be uneven. We'll see how it turns out but I dont think silly issues like this really make or break a wedding.

#69 Avens

Avens
                  • 576 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

Eek, I hope that doesn't happen to me. 

#70 SKing24

SKing24
                    • 265 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

We have an uneven wedding party too.  My FI insisted on asking 6 friends be groomsman, and I only have 4 BMs.  I'm not too concerned though.  We're paying for our wedding party's trips so I refuse to ask more people just too make the wedding party even.  We can't afford it!

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users