Photo

Dreams Cabo Speaker System - Anyone used it?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SarahMc

SarahMc
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:03 PM

I e-mailed Mariana about the speaker system at Dreams that she has available for rent. For the reception, we're just planning on plugging in an iPOd and I was thinking if there was something already there for rent, it would be easier to just do that then to lug speakers down with us. So, I asked her how much it would be and if it would work with an iPod. She said $145 (which isn't bad) and it comes with speakers and a plug.

Has anyone used/seen the system down there? Will the "plug" work with an iPod? We only have around 20 people, so don't need a really powerful system, but I don't want to get down there and find out it won't work with the iPod we're bringing.

Thanks for any advice!
    Sarah & James
    Dreams Los Cabos
    June 28, 2007

#2 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
    • 1,430 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:26 PM

I also asked Mariana about it and she told me that it was per hour charge so I just ended up hiring a DJ so I wouldn't have to deal with changing songs on the IPOD, and it still would have been almost the same price!

#3 jpkw

jpkw
      • VIP Member
      • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

We are planning to use the Dreams speaker system for our rehearsal dinner (in Portofino). We want a microphone and Mariana quoted me $145 as well for the system so we will probably have an Ipod as well for background music. She said a lot of people use it and it works well so I think you'll be ok...

#4 SarahMc

SarahMc
        • 146 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:23 AM

Wow, if it's per hour I think we'll definitely just bring our own speakers for the iPod. I'll have to ask her about that. Thanks!
          Sarah & James
          Dreams Los Cabos
          June 28, 2007

#5 NHPT

NHPT
          • 3,848 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:43 PM

she told me it was 150/night for usage of the speaker and and extra 25 or so for a mic. but CLARIFY with her and get it in writing that it is a one time charge and not per hour- there was a bride on here that had a problem with that and they attempted to charge her per hour and she fortunately brought copies of all her email correspondece with mariana- anyways the bride pulled out the email where mariana says it was 145/NIGHT- and cleared up the whole thing. so just double check and get EVERYTHING in writing!
            Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#6 SarahMc

SarahMc
            • 146 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:47 PM

Thanks Nicole! We just want the speakers for the iPod, I think we might just end up bringing them down instead. I don't want to have to deal with arguing over prices. Definitely agree - everything in writing! I've learned that lesson :o)
              Sarah & James
              Dreams Los Cabos
              June 28, 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users