Sign in to follow this  
SarahMc

Dreams Cabo Speaker System - Anyone used it?

I e-mailed Mariana about the speaker system at Dreams that she has available for rent. For the reception, we're just planning on plugging in an iPOd and I was thinking if there was something already there for rent, it would be easier to just do that then to lug speakers down with us. So, I asked her how much it would be and if it would work with an iPod. She said $145 (which isn't bad) and it comes with speakers and a plug.

Has anyone used/seen the system down there? Will the "plug" work with an iPod? We only have around 20 people, so don't need a really powerful system, but I don't want to get down there and find out it won't work with the iPod we're bringing.

Thanks for any advice!

I also asked Mariana about it and she told me that it was per hour charge so I just ended up hiring a DJ so I wouldn't have to deal with changing songs on the IPOD, and it still would have been almost the same price!

We are planning to use the Dreams speaker system for our rehearsal dinner (in Portofino). We want a microphone and Mariana quoted me $145 as well for the system so we will probably have an Ipod as well for background music. She said a lot of people use it and it works well so I think you'll be ok...

she told me it was 150/night for usage of the speaker and and extra 25 or so for a mic. but CLARIFY with her and get it in writing that it is a one time charge and not per hour- there was a bride on here that had a problem with that and they attempted to charge her per hour and she fortunately brought copies of all her email correspondece with mariana- anyways the bride pulled out the email where mariana says it was 145/NIGHT- and cleared up the whole thing. so just double check and get EVERYTHING in writing!

Thanks Nicole! We just want the speakers for the iPod, I think we might just end up bringing them down instead. I don't want to have to deal with arguing over prices. Definitely agree - everything in writing! I've learned that lesson :o)