Melissa and Jared

Ok I figured I would share our proposal story as well on Dec 27. Keep in mind I wrote this for our wed site and then my FH helped me by editing it and making it flow. I'm not nearly as good as he is with words. haha now that i read over it, it sounds kind of cheesey.

It was on Melissaâ€s recent trip to Florida when Jared finally popped the big question. Jared had made reservations for the two at a really fancy fondue restaurant called “The Melting Pot.†He had everything pre-arranged so that the 2 had a private section to themselves and a rose sitting on the table waiting for Melissaâ€s arrival. This dinner and evening was originally planned so the couple could celebrate Melissaâ€s upcoming Birthday (Jan 23rd) together this year. Instead this night proved to be even more special than Melissa ever dreamed.

Melissa made all the hotel arrangements herself and did a wonderful job, it was beautiful! The hotel was set right along Pensacola Beach on the third floor looking over the Gulf of Mexico. It was a truly breathtaking view to behold looking out off the balcony.

With dinner reservations approaching the two got all dressed up for their special Birthday dinner. After receiving approval from Melissa's Dad (Dave) and much thought and planning, Jared finally figured out the approach he wanted to take with his proposal. It wasnâ€t until earlier that week that he figured out just during casual conversation that Melissa would prefer a more private proposal and not a real public one with lots of people if she had the choice. With this in mind it kind of shot down the idea of doing it at their dinner as Jared had originally planned. A new plan was in order, a more private and romantic one with just the 2 of them. After many self-pep talks and tense nerves Jared was ready to ask that long-awaited special question. As he stepped out onto the balcony he could see the sun had set, the waves were crashing in against the shore and the smell of clean crisp ocean air was all around. Jared decided that the moment could not possibly get any more perfect. He asked Melissa to come outside and join him on the balcony to admire the beautiful evening. She went outside to see for herself what a wonderful evening they were witness to. As they stood and enjoyed the view of the Gulf and all the sights, sounds, and smells of the evening, Jared told Melissa that he had a question to ask her. He then dropped to one knee and opened a small white box with a diamond ring in it and asked Melissa to marry him. She said yes and he placed the ring on her finger as she broke down into tears of joy and gave him the biggest hug ever. They both stood holding each other in amazement knowing this was the biggest step they had ever taken together in their relationship and the first step they would take towards becoming a married couple. Just minutes later the front desk called them to let them know that their cab was there to take them to dinner. They gathered their things and walked hand and hand down to the lobby for the first time as an engaged couple. The dinner to follow was amazing and the night could not have been more special or memorable.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_Bride View Post
So he asked you before you went to dinner? Did you end up talking 'wedding plans' the entire dinner? Lol, I would have!! Were you expecting a proposal? That's a really cute story. I love finding out about all of the behind the scenes details.
No actually we didn't talk abotu any wedding plans that NIGHT!!! I was just so shocked and well... I REALLY didn't expect that. I thought he may propose when i move there definitley not before! i think I was admiring my ring most of the night too! hehehehe Then we went back to the hotel for a non - g rated night... so nope no talks about wedding plans that night. We have always wanted to do a destination wedding... and we've been talking about marriage for a couple years now.