your next big trip

katrina

our next BIG trip is a real honeymoon, we just did a weddinmoon in cabo and it was too many people for a nice romantic honeymoon, so all along we planned on doing something later. i really want to go to manzanillo, and we both want to go to belize, but our parents have condos in fiji, so we might swing that somehow instead. we are also gonna take a familymoon with the kids, disneyland and vegas are both faves of the kids, so a night or 2 at either is on the to-do list before the winter gets here.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Well, the honeymoon is in November in French Polynesia.

But I've already placed dibbs on 2-weeks in Italy. 1 week in Tuscany and 1 week in Capri or Positano.
um... if you are seriously planning this... let's chat. i am DYING to go back to capri

we would really like to do a romantic getaway 3 or 4 day weekend some time in the fall.

our next big trip is a family vacation for christmas - his parents are taking us on a cruise. not sure where to yet. MIL wants carribean, DH wants mexican riviera because it stops in cabo.

then we have to go to mexico city for DH's goddaughter's christening in early Jan...

then we have to make some trips within the US to visit fam/friends in AZ, Miami, etc

a friend of ours who lives in france is supposedly proposing to his longtime girlfriend in october this year... they plan to eventually marry in france... we are hoping they get married in 2009 so we can take a vacation cheesy.gif

Well I'm trying to plan a 4 day weekend get away somewhere relatively close here in Florida for our 1 year anniversary... I'm not really finding anywhere anniversary worthy though, if that makes sense.

Then I'm going home back to Canada for Christmas to see the family! woot.gif

In March we're doing Disney world with my little sisters, that will be a blast too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkitts2010 View Post
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bolivia! What part of Bolivia is your family in?

My FI and I are going to Gabon and The Democratic Rep. of Congo in Africa for a month in 2009.
My parents are from La Paz. We lived in Cota Cota for a couple years before we moved back to Virginia. As happy I am to have come back here to finish hs and college, I still miss it and want to go back! My FI has no intentions on moving to Bolivia, but I have made it clear that when I retire, thats where I'm living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
My parents are from La Paz. We lived in Cota Cota for a couple years before we moved back to Virginia. As happy I am to have come back here to finish hs and college, I still miss it and want to go back! My FI has no intentions on moving to Bolivia, but I have made it clear that when I retire, thats where I'm living!
I use to spend a lot of time in Santa Cruz. I would love to live in Bolivia. My FI isn't too keen on the idea. I haven't been to Bolivia since October 2007 but I'm hoping to go back soon. Did you know AeroSur flies from D.C. to Santa Cruz?

We aren't going anywhereblush2.gif saving up for the wedding is breaking us and we need to do stuff in the house ie kitchen decorating etc so once Mexico is paid for that'll be it for a while.

I'd love to go and see Dad in Bali but unless I win the lottery that won't happen. FI is away for the next 2 months and most of next year.

Its hard planning around the forces it always ends up shitfan.giflmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
FI and I have 2 trips planned for 2009 - they are both tentative b/c we haven't booked anything but our plans are to go to Europe for 12 days in March - his cousin and his wife are ending an 18month stint in Munich - we are planning to travel around together to Munich, Nice, Coastal France and Spain and then come home from Paris.

Then we are talking about going to Brazil or Argentina for our one year wedding anniversary next Sept!
Alyssa for your Europe trip, if you wanna go into Portugal as well, you can stay at my apartment on the beach :)

I am going to a wedding in Jamaica in January, but unfortunately Mat won't be coming with me.

My dad & I were supposed to go to Peru this fall, but I didn't have the finances so I'm hoping we can work it out for next fall instead! Again, Mat won't be coming with me.

LOL looks like I might have to let him to go to Vegas with the guys...