your next big trip

katrina

We go camping (snowboarding in the winter) every other weekend. Our next big trip is Australia, Vanuatu, New Caledonia and Fiji in December this year, our wedding in April next year, Jamaica in October that year, and then Germany for our 1 year anniversary!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our next big trip will probably be to Jamaica for my cousin's DW next year. We'd also like to go to Italy to visit FI's family, but I'm not sure we'll be able to fit that in next year too. We would like to take a trip somewhere for our 1 year anniversary, but haven't decided where. There are so place that we want to go and we aren't too picky so where ever we can find that has a good deal is probably where we'll end up. We're also moving to AZ next year so that will be like a vacation for awhile until we get used to living there!

Hmmmm. FI and I both love travel too. :)

We just went to Halifax for a friend's DW and ours will be in Mexico this December. And we were already in Cuba this past April.

I'm thinking we can't really afford much for a while at this rate!

I would love to have a honeymoon early next year.

Some places that are on our short-list:

Thailand

Australia (my mom and sister live there)

New Zealand

Las Vegas (FI really wants to go)

Italy/Spain

I'm a travel junkie too. This December we have a 7 day cruise (nothing unusual, we go on one every December). Besides our wedding in March, me and some of my friends will be doing a couples cruise later on in the summer and then me and my girls always plan our trip. Don't know where yet but thinking Greece, one of my girlfriends is Greek and neither of us have been so that's on our list.

We're planning a vacation to Disneyworld in September...I know,not really a BIG trip, but we're in desperate need of a getaway that we know we'll have a good time on, and Disney fits the bill.

Aside from that, we are planning a Mediterranean Cruise for sometime in the not so distant future. Both of us are dying to see Italy and Greece, and the most cost effective way for us to do both is through a cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I am *hoping* to go to Bolivia for at least 2 weeks. I would love to stay there for a couple months, but FI isn't too keen on the idea. I would go after Christmas sometime. It's been about 7 years since I've been there. I miss my extended family!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bolivia! What part of Bolivia is your family in?

My FI and I are going to Gabon and The Democratic Rep. of Congo in Africa for a month in 2009.

i just skipped ahead after reading your post tara, but i wanted to let you know that my airline flies from PHX to SEA then to ANC (anchorage, AK) and from there you can get to honolulu! so you could make it a trip with a cruise a few days in AK, then on to hawaii for the big finish :) and you would both be happ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
i think we're going to find a lot of travel junkies on this forum! For us, part of the appeal to a DW was the travel!

our next trip is either an Alaskan adventure or Hawaii. I really want Alaska, FI really wants Hawaii. So we'll see what happens.

We keep planning camping trips, since we can't get out on a real vacation until after the wedding. The one I'm looking forward to most is to Sedona. I underestimated Sedona until I went one day. It's beautiful. FI has never been there.