Sign in to follow this  
katrina

your next big trip

dh and i are a couple of travel junkies and even before our wedding/honeymoon were over we were contemplating what our next big trip will be..

for us, our next big trip will be peru! my (step)dad and (step)sister are both from peru so i grew up around the music, textiles, food, etc, and i'm really excited to be planning this. we are shooting for very early 2010.. kind of far away so we will definately do some smaller stateside trips in between.

so, what's your next big trip?

I am *hoping* to go to Bolivia for at least 2 weeks. I would love to stay there for a couple months, but FI isn't too keen on the idea. I would go after Christmas sometime. It's been about 7 years since I've been there. I miss my extended family!

FI and I have 2 trips planned for 2009 - they are both tentative b/c we haven't booked anything but our plans are to go to Europe for 12 days in March - his cousin and his wife are ending an 18month stint in Munich - we are planning to travel around together to Munich, Nice, Coastal France and Spain and then come home from Paris.

Then we are talking about going to Brazil or Argentina for our one year wedding anniversary next Sept!

We are also travel junkies. We love travelling together! Unfortunately, in the next 9 months before the wedding I am not sure about a BIG trip but I know that I we are going to visit friends in North carolina in August and I am going to San Fran in November. Part of the issue is that I am in grad school and don't get much time off because I am doing internships.

still planning the honeymoon though. Thinking of Belize after reading one of your posts!

We are travel junkies too and love traveling together.

Our next trip after our wedding and honeymoon is Hawaii in January. I am excited about that. We might be going to Turks and Caicos in the summer.

Besides the obvious trip, our wedding, in January we are going on the Rock Boat tour Home it is a 5 night floating music festival that includes out fav band, Sister Hazel and many more bands. Then in February 2009 we are going to Oahu for the Pro Bowl, cant beat it Football and the Ocean!! Cant wait for both trips!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
Besides the obvious trip, our wedding, in January we are going on the Rock Boat tour Home it is a 5 night floating music festival that includes out fav band, Sister Hazel and many more bands. Then in February 2009 we are going to Oahu for the Pro Bowl, cant beat it Football and the Ocean!! Cant wait for both trips!!
ooh pro bowl- that's awesome! my grandmom lives near aloha stadium (plus they hold the huge swap meet during the week) so i've been there a million times but never for a game.. jealous!

i think we're going to find a lot of travel junkies on this forum! For us, part of the appeal to a DW was the travel!

our next trip is either an Alaskan adventure or Hawaii. I really want Alaska, FI really wants Hawaii. So we'll see what happens.

We keep planning camping trips, since we can't get out on a real vacation until after the wedding. The one I'm looking forward to most is to Sedona. I underestimated Sedona until I went one day. It's beautiful. FI has never been there.

nothing huge here...we were thinking about a cruise in december, but w/ fi's job and the cost of traveling, we may put that on hold. we're probably going to captiva island, florida for a dw in january. it's supposed to be gorgeous.

in the meantime, we're going camping in the poconos in 2 weeks.

There are a lot of places on my wish list, but the next big trip might be Romania. We found out today Mike's uncle is moving there so we might go visit. I don't know anything about Romania, but it's near the Czech Republic which I'd like to visit. I did a quick google search & it looks beautiful.