Photo

Excurions for guests

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
  • 582 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

I am planning a wedding in December 2009 at Excellence Playa Mujeres. I am expecting approximately 35 guests. Anyone have any good suggestions for an excusion that I can book as a group activity?

#2 lovefreddy

lovefreddy
    • 148 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

Hi-how funny my new married name is Jennifer Davis!! I got married in June and took about 40 of our guests on a catamaran trip for 4 hours. It was fantastic!! They take you snorkeling and parasailing, everything was included in the price. They also picked us up at the hotel on a really nice luxyry bus to take us to the dock. Dry snacks and alcohol are also provided. Website is Cancun, Cancun Catamarans, Cancun Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Jungle Tours, Shotover Jet. I worked with Robert and he was excellent to work with, very nice.
      *REMOVED DUE TO EXCESSIVE SIZE*

#3 manders757

manders757
      • 47 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

I have looked into a large catamaran for a sunset cruise... I thought that was a good idea! The cheepest I found was paradise Catamarans.
        Save the Dates are out... Sent/92 Booked/36 No/9

#4 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
        • 582 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

Thanks ladies! I am definitely thinking catamaran so we're on the same page. I am going to look into both of your suggestions. I appreciate it.

It's nice to know there is another Jennifer Davis in the world - everyone calls me "jendavis" <--all one word. Maybe it'll stick for you too =0)

#5 Tracy

Tracy
          • 281 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

thanks for the web-site. I was going to use Paradise Catamaran's as Mark has been very helpful and good to work with, but i've been discovering (like Laura) that it is $10 p.p.for just about everything - food, drink, transportation etc - so it is actually turning out to be quite pricy. I was hoping to stay at about $30.00 per person, and i'm way over that at this point.

#6 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
            • 582 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

I called Robert per your advice. Thank you all so much. I am definitely planning to book both the catamaran snorkle trip and the limos to and from the airport with them!

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

this is what we did

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21718

#8 morenaindc

morenaindc
                • 221 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

Question for the ladies doing the catamaran cruises? How far is the sailing location from the Riviera Maya? Also, were you able to "customize" re time of the day etc?

#9 JoLo908

JoLo908
                  • 889 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:05 AM

This sounds like a great idea!!! I want to look in to it as well!!!

#10 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
                    • 582 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by morenaindc
                      Question for the ladies doing the catamaran cruises? How far is the sailing location from the Riviera Maya? Also, were you able to "customize" re time of the day etc?
                      When I spoke to Robert, he told me that I could book the cruise for anytime I wanted. I am hoping to have 45 people going so I am renting an entire catamaran. He is also going to pick us up at the hotel.

I have not booked yet because I do not have a final headcount but will in the near future.

I'm also going to use them for my transportation to and from the resort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users