Sign in to follow this  
NJ_bride

Number of DW guests?

We sent out 144 invites and have 81 people coming so far.

The majority of our guests are staying at the hotel we picked. Others are staying at AI's and time shares.

It's really true that whomever you think will come won't and vice versa. We both have huge families and yet are getting like 2 people from each of them. Lots of people PO'd that it's not a "real" wedding. My one Aunt even told me I was being selfish b/c I was excluding the family. I invited everyone. Maybe it is selfish but this is my dream wedding, never pictured it any other way. FH just wants me to be happy.

We are having a welcome dinner Thursday, ceremony with cocktail reception and beach party on Friday. I don't really want to plan more than that b/c I want people to do what they like and take advantage of the AI's. Does that sound like enough?

we invited about 115 people, and had 28 and 2 kids. the number vacillated tremendously - one week we thought we'd have 80, the next 15...it turned out perfectly w/ 30. we only had a rehearsal dinner (for everyone) the night before and the actual wedding. we usually ate together, and chilled on the beach together, but we planned by the day - one day the boys woke up and decided to do the tequila tour, one group went into town, etc.

Ok I haven't sent out my invites out yet but are you doing your counts by RSVP cards to your house or how many people actually booked their trip? I am scared ppl. will RSVP but not complete the process of planning their trip. Then how do you call and when do you call to say you RSVP but you are not on my list from the hotel who booked? Ok I have 1 million questions that then lead to more questions ahhhhhhh

we sent out 140 invites and so far there are over 70 ppl booked - AHHH - we honestly expected 40! Our booking closes on Thursday, so I'll have a near-final count then. I know there will be some last minuters!

We invited 25 people, and had 17 at the wedding. I know there were feathers ruffled but I always wanted a small wedding (I don't do well in front of large groups).

Have a great wedding, and although it's hard, try not to let the negative comments get you down. At the end of it all, you'll have had your dream wedding and will be married to the man you love.