Hair & Makeup at Sunset at the Palms

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ShannonM

ShannonM
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

Hi everyone -

has anyone gotten married at SATP and had their hair and/or makeup done using their spa services?

Has anyone used a salon outside the resort, in Negril?

Thanks!

#2 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

There were a few recommendations for Negril-based salons in this thread.

#3 djtinnie

djtinnie
      • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

yay another Sunset at the Palms bride!!!

#4 webird

webird
        • 9 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

I'm a little worried about this as well. I know one bride who was married at SATP, and she flew in her own stylist! When is your wedding at SATP? Mine will be Feb 2, 2009.

#5 ShannonM

ShannonM
          • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

Wow - we are right before you at SATP - our wedding is on Jan. 29 /09!

I wish I could afford to fly a stylist in, that would be nice! I think I am just going to hope for the best, not ask for anything too complicated and do a trial the day before to make sure it will be ok. I think I will do my own makeup, that is probably a safer bet.

#6 webird

webird
            • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

Yeah -- I'm with you. I"ll do a trial run the day before with (hopefully) a foolproof hairstyle. I'm sure the humidity will be crazy -- but I knew that going in. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my makeup -- that I'll do myself.

We arrive Jan 29!!! How exciting. Our wedding is on a monday, which is probably a little odd. I wonder how many weddings they'll have between yours and mine --ha!!!

How long will you/your guests be at SATP?

Sarah

#7 wardag138

wardag138
              • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

My wedding is feb 25th, please let me know how the hair goes, I am not sure whether to trial a style the day before or just "go with it" on wedding day! I am going to use the resort stylists.

#8 Juniorbaby01

Juniorbaby01
                • 83 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:56 AM

Check out my review
                  http://bestdestinati.../forum/t35967-2

I had a woman come in from another resort (in Negril) to do my hair/make up. She was great!

#9 ShannonM

ShannonM
                  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

Hello!

We are back from our wedding at SATP! It was absolutely wonderful in every way and I have zero complaints. I will post a full review once we get our pictures.

I ended up getting my hair done at their spa without doing a trial the day before (they looked at me funny when I asked about a trial). I didn't ask for anything too complicated and I was pleased with the results. I would recommend them as long as you are not too picky.

I tried to post some pictures to give you an idea of my hair...but I am not sure if it worked at not since I am at work. I will try to post some close ups of my hair later tonight.

Hope this helps!

#10 wardag138

wardag138
                    • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Thanks Shannon. Do you mind telling me how much you paid at the resort and if they did it US or Jamaican funds. We leave in Two weeks. I am so scared of forgetting something!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users