Photo

Can't Keep up with all the newbies

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

Okay first of all to the all the newbies out there: Welcome! I hope all your wedding planning is going well and that you are getting great info from this site.

Secondly to all the members who aren't new: I am having so much trouble keeping up with all the newbies. It seems like everytime I sign on there are like 15 new newbies. I remember how scared and nervous I was when I first signed up and it made me feel so much better when people welcomed me. I want to do the same for everyone but I'm finding it so hard to keep up with all the newbies, where they are getting married, and what their names are. I want to try and help everyone as much as possible but I can't keep up!! How does everyone else handle all this? I know some of you like Christine, Tammy M, Ann, etc. you guys are so good at welcoming every single newbie. I try but can hardly keep up.

-Glenda

#2 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
    • 631 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

Ditto That!

if I had not said wassup yet!

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:32 PM

I think I speak on behalf of Ann and I.. We are post whores so we look at every thread.. ROFL..

BUT I would like to give my two cents to the newbies.. PLEASE, post your real name in your sig line so that we learn who you are. Also I love to put a face to a name, so post a picture.. Oh and I'm a picture whore, so start posting pictures of how your wedding plans are coming along, a cute photo of you and your FI, a pic of your ring and dress, and of course if you have any kids/fur babies post those too...

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:58 PM

Can anyone give me easy to read, dumbed down instructions on how to post pictures? I tried this the other day and couldn't get it. Also, I tried it with my signature, below my wedding ticker (that won't actually start ticking for another 9 months lol).

Also, I don't understand the "point system". How are points determined? What does it mean to bank them? etc etc etc.

Once I catch on, I'll post all kinds of pictures and you'll wish you never taught me!! :)

Also, I agree about the welcoming of the noobs (as I still am one)... it was really nice to receive a welcome from a number of people right away. It really made me feel at home! You guys rock!!
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
            Can anyone give me easy to read, dumbed down instructions on how to post pictures? I tried this the other day and couldn't get it. Also, I tried it with my signature, below my wedding ticker (that won't actually start ticking for another 9 months lol).

Also, I don't understand the "point system". How are points determined? What does it mean to bank them? etc etc etc.

Once I catch on, I'll post all kinds of pictures and you'll wish you never taught me!! :)

Also, I agree about the welcoming of the noobs (as I still am one)... it was really nice to receive a welcome from a number of people right away. It really made me feel at home! You guys rock!!
            Nini you get points by posting and if you bank the you earn interests hehe..

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:11 PM

nini, tammym is usually the technical one with the pictures

As anny said you get points for posting and you can buy stuff with the points, gifts for people, lotterty tickets, etc.. banking them earns more points in the form of interest

And as everyone else said, I'm having trouble keeping up too, but welcome all newbies, if I haven't already said hello!

#7 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
              • LocationUtah

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:00 PM

Ohhh so thats what the BANk is. I was trying to figure that out.

As for all the newbies I think this site is SUPER popular now. Good job ladies and most of all Tammy!

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:20 PM

My thing is that I have trouble coming up with new "welcomes" for everyone. I don't want to seem impersonal but there are only so many ways to say welcome to the site. I feel like I've written a million this week and they were probably all the same.

So...for the newbies I missed - Welcome! I can't wait to get to know you all so I have something more to share!

And as for the flux of new peeps - Props to Tammy for that. You really have created an amazing environment for us to share in.

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:56 AM

yes - TammyM and I are in a post whore war!

but if you want to know the truth, when i am busy and can't read all the threads (often lately!) i make sure to look for the Newbie's that i haven't welcomed yet. i remember being hesitant to post at first - so i want others to feel welcome as well. i sometimes, especially lately, have to skip over some threads that i don't think pertain to me, but i really try to get to all the newbie theads - and hopefully i haven't missed anyone!

#10 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:54 AM

I'm with you Glenda!! I've been so quiet on the forum lately because I don't have time to read through the posts. I can't really check the site while I'm at work and by the time I get home, each thread is swamped with replies and I don't have time to read through them.

But I'm still here willing to help :)

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                    Okay first of all to the all the newbies out there: Welcome! I hope all your wedding planning is going well and that you are getting great info from this site.

Secondly to all the members who aren't new: I am having so much trouble keeping up with all the newbies. It seems like everytime I sign on there are like 15 new newbies. I remember how scared and nervous I was when I first signed up and it made me feel so much better when people welcomed me. I want to do the same for everyone but I'm finding it so hard to keep up with all the newbies, where they are getting married, and what their names are. I want to try and help everyone as much as possible but I can't keep up!! How does everyone else handle all this? I know some of you like Christine, Tammy M, Ann, etc. you guys are so good at welcoming every single newbie. I try but can hardly keep up.

-Glenda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users