Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:14 AM

Jury Awards Jilted Bride $150K - Crime & Courts : People.com

#2 Christi

Christi
    • 1,905 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

I saw this headline on the news last night...the jilted bride is giving an interview on GMA this morning...looking forward to hearing what she has to say!

#3 ashrose

ashrose
      • 422 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

Wow. I'm not sure what to say to that...but good for her, calling him to be responsbile for his actions. I think we live in a culture where it is perfectly acceptable to not be responsible... and people get hurt.

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

Ummm...I'm not so sure I'm going to say she deserved it. He's an ass- yes. Should he have figured it out sooner- yes. But comeon, it's now not going to be ok when people make a decision to NOT go through with a wedding. I don't know if I really support that notion. I think people should be able to walk away and not be considered responsible for "emotional damage." Does that mean we are going to start allowing people in serious relationships to sue their significant others due to heart break?

It doesn't really detail how their wedding was paid for and how much $ went into it. I think he should be held accountable for paying for half the wedding. But if this suit is won due to strictly "emotional damages" and moving to another state therefore giving up her income, too damn bad. Happens all the time- I don't think we should start putting a monetary price on the damages inflicted from a break up. I know others might think differently but I just don't think it's fair to penalize someone for making a HUGE decision about their future.
          Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users