Gutted and just need to get it out!! (long)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Jessica

• VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. It's understandable to feel that way. People mean well, but at this time all you want to do is tell them to shove their well meaning comments up their butt. I'm agnostic and my best friend is religious and everytime he tells me stuff like this during rough times I literally start to go balistic inside my head.

The situation you are in sucks and it's not fair and you probably just want to rip sh!t apart right now. Feel angry, sad, disappointed, afraid... whatever it is you need to feel. I don't think it ever "gets better". People just learn how to live with the loss.

Lots of hugs and understanding your way.

#12 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear this, it's truly devastating.

#13 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

Harty i'm sorry for your loss.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#14 1elephant

• VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

i'm so sorry marie.....

#15 jajajaja

• VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

Marie- that's devastating. I'm soo sorry. Please don't feel guilty though. It's not your fault. People make choices for their own lives- even if we do help coach them along the way. I'm sure he was gratiful for everything you did for him. :)

Take care- you are in my thoughts.
            Happily married since 2008

#16 neen

• 633 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

that's heartbreaking, i'm so so sorry! and like everyone else has said, don't worry about having offended anyone, people should understand.

keep you and your FI in my thoughts! hang in there

#17 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

I am really sorry for your loss. There are never enough words to comfort the pain - i am just sorry and here to listen if you need to talk, vent, scream.

#18 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

Oh Harty, I know there is nothing I can say to make any difference. I'm so sorry for your loss. We're here if you need a place to vent/ talk/ cry/ yell...

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#19 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:57 AM

Thanks guys I really appreciate it and it means a lot - its all over the BBC news but they've not released his name yet as his family is huge so they need to get round them all.

I've had no sleep mainly because FI came home last night with this AS search dog (he's on his way to a month long job) and the little bugger spent all night playing with his other old and retired VS dog lmao He kept jumping up and giving me kisses bless him.

I woke up and said to FI was that all a dream (wishful thinking) he said unfortunately not and that broke him again

God knows when the funeral will be but it'll be huge the whole corps is going to try and get there (well the ones that aren't in iraq or afghanistan) i'm so not looking forward to that and FI is shitting himself facing his mum

His mum is a wonderful loving person but is even harder than me at times (hard to believe i know lol) but this will turn her to mush and i can't fix it.

It might sound strange but even though i'm gutted he's been killed he doesn't know anything about it anymore - its his family and his mum I think 1/3rd of her died yesterday

#20 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:19 AM

Oh Marie - it's just so sad - so many soldiers are losing their lives - they are so brave and none of us are KWIM?

Where is Meg? i am sure she senses something is wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users