Wedding review - RIU SANTA FE - July 8th, 2008

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

Everything looked absolutely beautiful. Love your colors, your dress, your flowers, the arch (i loved the little hint of pink fabric even though thats not what you wanted), the parasols....everything! Congrats!

#22 Cabobride09

• 85 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

Disco rental was $500 USD including bar staff and a dj.
      I thought it was worth it to have a couple hours in a private area.[/QUOTE]

How was the disco set up for your private party? I imagine that chairs and tables were set up with decorations
      Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

#23 cabobridey

• 141 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

I dont remember if there was any decor in the disco! LOL
        i didnt ask for any though.. so i assume there wasnt any!! i am sure you can ask for it though!

#24 Celina

• Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

What a great review! I'm glad everything turned out for you!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#25 cabobridejan09

• 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:35 AM

Beautiful Pictures! It looks like you had a fabulous time. Im getting married there in January 2009- if you have any recommendations or advice from one bride to another- i would really appreciate it!
            Did you try out the hair/makeup at Renova Salon? Is it worth trying out (for my mother and bridesmaids) or do you suggest just going with Neysa?- Ive been in contact with Neysa thanks to your review- and i have her booked for my hair and makeup only.

thanks so much.

#26 cabobridey

• 141 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

Thanks! Yes it was an amazing wedding!
              I would be more than happy to share advice on wedding stuff (now that the wedding is over it is great to share ideas... it brings back all sorts of memories)
              I am not sure about the spa's salons services.... there are a few former santa fe brides on here.... do a search on renova spa... you should find something!
              That is great news that you hired Neyssa.... you WONT regret it!!!!
              Are you sure you don't want to hire her for the others? It was so much fun having us all get done by her! Then the don't have to walk all over the resort on the wedding day (the resort is HUGE, you will see what i mean)
              Only 2 of my bridesmaids had hair done and 1 had make up, and myself of course, all By Neyssa.
              Good luck! I Looking forward to helping out!

#27 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the DIY ideas! I will keep busy while my FI is busy hunting this fall!
                You are a gorgeous bride by the way.

#28 cabobridejan09

• 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:42 AM

Thanks for the great advice. :)How did you get your dress on the plan to mexico? Did you carry it on- and place in above cabin? Did they let you hang it somewhere? This is one of my biggest concerns.

#29 cabobridey

• 141 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

i brought it on the plane, and had it laying down in an overhead bin on the first flight, and they hung it in a close on the second. I wasnt TOO concerned cuz i was planning on have it pressed at the resort before the wedding, and i knew it wouldnt get dirty, cuz its in a bag!

#30 Kelly C

Kelly C
                    • 2,051 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by ripcat
                      Great review!!! Congrats!!! You guys look awesome!!
                      Just wondering how much it was to rent the disco for 2 hours... We are doing the steak house then would like to move to the disco. Didn't know you could rent it. It would be great to have it for a couple of hours after dinner so we could do our first dance and have our own little party!
                      Also did you get a look at the gazebo? We are unsure which one to use, beach or gazebo. Can you see the ocean and beach from the gazebo?

I posted pics of the Gazebo under the Question Riu Santa Fe thread. If you want to see.
                      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users