• Please log in to reply
918 replies to this topic

#631 NikkiT1021

NikkiT1021
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Of course! Just message me your email address

Originally Posted by JBean 

Sweet! Would you be able to email them to me??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 

Good news!  They updated the flower and cake brochure!  Ana sent me them today.  Definately an improvement. It also mentions that the flowers and colors can be changed based on the bride's preferences. 

#632 MrsAlmaguer2011

MrsAlmaguer2011
    • 68 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

jglee:

Thanks for the info! I wish they provided more information about the reception areas.  I have seen some pics on previous posts so that has helped! this website is such a lifesaver!

on another note, i just booked Gonzalo Nunez as my photographer.  Although the outside vendor fee is ridiculous! Was anyone able to get that waived?

Also thanks to NikkiT for the cake and flowers catalogue, the options seem kinda plain tho! I will have to find a picture of something i like since they said they can pretty much do whatever we ask for. 

Do they also have a catalogue for centerpieces?

I tried on a couple wedding dresses today for the first time. Found some that were absolutely beautiful! Are you girls going with a full gown?

#633 ahollo02

ahollo02
      • 296 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

MrsAl -

I am having an outside photographer come in too. First she quoted me like 200 bucks or something crazy like that. When I complained, she said I would only have to pay the guest day pass which was like 75 or 90.. something like that. I will have to print out my emails and take them with me to make sure she dosent charge us!!

#634 MrsAlmaguer2011

MrsAlmaguer2011
        • 68 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by ahollo02 

MrsAl -

I am having an outside photographer come in too. First she quoted me like 200 bucks or something crazy like that. When I complained, she said I would only have to pay the guest day pass which was like 75 or 90.. something like that. I will have to print out my emails and take them with me to make sure she dosent charge us!!

Well she told me that "that is cost" so i asked her about the day pass. That's awesome that you don't have to pay as much. hopefully she will do the same for me! Yes print those emails!

She hasn't responded back yet so im keeping my fingers crossed

#635 JBean

JBean
          • 429 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

If she tells me it's $300, I'm going to take some screen shots from this website and send them to her - if other people are paying $90, why should we pay $200?

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
            Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
            Bride & Groom + 29

#636 heidilynn28

heidilynn28
            • 111 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

JBean:

Ariadna quoted me 400$ for the outside vendor fee when I first asked her about it last year in June... suddenly, they're down to about 90$ for the day pass so that's not too bad!

We are flying down our photographer with us... we have to pay for her package (which is about 1600$) plus her travel. Since we have over 22 guests, our travel agent got us her trip for free, but we have to pay for the taxes on her trip (297$) plus the extra for her to have a room to herself (which was  another 360$) ... so really it's expensive but not nearly as expensive as hiring a photographer in Mexico, paying their package PLUS the outside vendor fee.

I'm telling you.. it's all about money down there!

Today I just came back from a party store that was offering 20% off all wedding accessories so I got 6 white pom pom decorations and I also ordered 12 paper lanterns (purple and fushia) for 3.60$ each minus the 20%.. So I think I got a decent deal!

Here's a pic of the pom pom decorations... I got 3 in a pack for $6.39 plus tx. I know I could have made them myself but I couldn't be bothered!!

http://s1027.photobu...35/heidilynn28/

#637 NikkiT1021

NikkiT1021
              • 210 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

Ana quoted me $300 for the vendor fee.  I'm really annoyed that different prices are being quoted to different people.  I guess they don't think we all communicate with eachother. 

I'm in flower mode right now and I'm starting to question the prices they're giving.  i sent her a few pictures of orchid bouquets and she said she would have to ask her florist for a quote but she thinks its going to be expensive.  It's alittle upsetting to think I won't be able to get exactly what I want.  However, I refuse to pay more than $60 per bouquet.  It's just way too much money to spend on flowers that are just going to get thrown away. 

Also, I'm not sure if they have new centerpiece photos.  I wasn't thrilled with any of the pictures they sent me last time.  We're thinking of designing our own and just bringing the supplies down with us.  It will save us a ton of money and at least we will be able to do what we want. 

#638 ahollo02

ahollo02
                • 296 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:49 AM

Ok ladies..

Here is a copy of the email between me and Ariadna about the outside vendor fee... this was around the time that the resort put a surcharge on the lobster and I was pissed! Her response is first then my first email is under it.

Dear Alison,
                  Don´t worry if you booked your Wedding before, you don’t have this fee.
                  About the outside photographer only you need to pay the day pass $95usd per person no the fee $200usd.
                  Regards

Ariadna Cardoso
                  Wedding Coordinator
                  Valentin Imperial Maya Resort & Spa - Valentin Hotels
                  Ariadna Cardoso
                  Ventas
                  Valentin Maya Resort & Spa - Valentin Hotels
                  Carr. Federal 307 Chetumal Puerto Ju¡rez KM. 311 500
                  77710 Playa del Carmen - Quintana Roo
                           tel.00 52 984 206 36 60
                           fax00 52 984 206 36 75
                  web www.valentinmaya.com

-----Mensaje original-----
                  De: ahollo02@gmail.com [mailto:ahollo02@gmail.com]
                  Enviado el: Martes, 20 de Julio de 2010 04:14 p.m.
                  Para: Ariadna Cardoso
                  Asunto: Re: wedding may 10,2011

Ariadna,
                  I am very dissapointed that the surcharge for the lobster dishes is not going to be waived for my fiance and I. We have not booked out trip yet but we did book our wedding package. We booked this package at your resort  based on amenities that the Valentin offered. Now those amenities are being taken away after I booked my wedding.
                  And I agreed to pay the outside photographer fee with no problems. Even though I know Lupita waived the fee for other brides recently. That is not fair but I didn't argue.  I am extreamly dissapointed and upset and hope the Valentin will reconsider and waive the fee for the lobster pot for my fiance and I since we already put money down.
                  Alison holloway
                  Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry 

#639 JBean

JBean
                  • 429 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:06 AM

Ugh, we just booked our photographer. I thought the fee was $90. Fi will not be happy if it's 200 or 300, nor will I! I hope she sticks to the $90 for everyone.

Originally Posted by ahollo02 

Ok ladies..

Here is a copy of the email between me and Ariadna about the outside vendor fee... this was around the time that the resort put a surcharge on the lobster and I was pissed! Her response is first then my first email is under it.

Dear Alison,
                    About the outside photographer only you need to pay the day pass $95usd per person no the fee $200usd.
                    Regards

Ariadna Cardoso
                    Wedding Coordinator
                    Ariadna Cardoso
                    Ventas
                             tel.00 52 984 206 36 60
                             fax00 52 984 206 36 75
                    web www.valentinmaya.com

Ariadna,
                    I am very dissapointed that the surcharge for the lobster dishes is not going to be waived for my fiance and I. We have not booked out trip yet but we did book our wedding package. We booked this package at your resort  based on amenities that the Valentin offered. Now those amenities are being taken away after I booked my wedding.
                    And I agreed to pay the outside photographer fee with no problems. Even though I know Lupita waived the fee for other brides recently. That is not fair but I didn't argue.  I am extreamly dissapointed and upset and hope the Valentin will reconsider and waive the fee for the lobster pot for my fiance and I since we already put money down.
                    Alison holloway

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
                    Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
                    Bride & Groom + 29

#640 MrsAlmaguer2011

MrsAlmaguer2011
                    • 68 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

I too am getting annoyed of the inconsistency from wedding to wedding, although I am happy for those who don't have to pay the high vendor fee.  It's just that it is an outrageous price regardless. Anyway, this is the email Ariadna sent me, below it is the email i sent her:

Yes, this is right but right now all the weddings reserved in 2011, need to pay a fee because we have a contract with Blue Lens.

Best Regards

Ariadna Cardoso

Supervisor of Groups & Wedding Dept.

Ariadna Cardoso

Ventas

77710Playa del Carmen - Quintana Roo

tel.00 52 984 206 36 60

fax00 52 984 206 36 75

web

Ok ladies..

Dear Alison,
                      Regards

Ariadna Cardoso
                      Wedding Coordinator
                      Ariadna Cardoso
                      Ventas
                               tel.00 52 984 206 36 60
                               fax00 52 984 206 36 75
                      web www.valentinmaya.com

Ariadna,
                      Alison holloway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users