• Please log in to reply
918 replies to this topic

#461 jglee

jglee
  • Site Supporter
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Alliecattn,

Don't regret your choice...your dress is beautiful!!!  I went to 8 different places to try on dresses, and to be honest, it's not as fun as you would think.  I got frustrated b/c I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  So you must have just gotten luckily to find your dress early on.

Ahollo,

I tried on a one shoulder Maggie Sottero dress...I believe it was $1,400 or maybe $1,800.  It was definitely under $2,000.

http://www.theknot.c...src=par&keep=-1

Can't wait to wear this :)

#462 alliecattn

alliecattn
    • 68 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

Thanks, Jglee. You're right. At this point, I should be happy with my choice and do my best to "own it!" Wow, you're dress is GORGEOUS! That is a show-stopper for sure.

#463 alliecattn

alliecattn
      • 68 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

Does anyone know what cut of steak is provided in the menu options? Before the menu was altered it specified. Now is says:

BEEF STEAK GARNESHED WITH SAUTEE POTATOES WITH GARLIG AND FRIED PORE IN RED WINE SAUCE

or

PEPPER STEAK NEW YORK STYLE GARNESHED WITH VEGETABLES AND NAPOLEAON POTATOES WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY SAUCE

or

MAHI MAHI FILET AND SHRIMPS WITH GREEN SAUCE AND RISOTTO IN WHITE WINE

or

GROUPER FISH AND SHRIMP KEBAB GARNISHED WITH COUS COUS AND VEGETABLES IN PEPPER SAUCE

or

CORDON BLUE WITH CHAMPAGNE SAUCE GARNISHED WITH MASHED POTATOES AND ROASTED PEPPERS

or

SURF AND TURF (SHRIMPS WITH LOBSTER SAUCE AND BEEF STEAK WITH WILD MUSHROOMS SAUCE, GARNISHED WITH SLICED POTATOES AND SPINACH)

I'm wondering what the best option would be and trying to decide between rehearsal dinner at the lobster pot and the steak restaurant. Any suggestions? 

#464 ahollo02

ahollo02
        • 296 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Allie,

That dress is gorgeous!! I think I will have the same thoughts though too.. I'm the type of person that books a trip and constantly looks online at rates to see if it went cheaper. And i let it ruin my day if they did. So I will be the same with the wedding dress. When I first got engaged which was over a year ago, I wanted a ball gown. Then it was a sheer empire waist dress.. now its a sheer flowey ruffle dress. My taste keeps changing and Im scared, like you, I will regret my decision. I feel your pain sista!

#465 ahollo02

ahollo02
          • 296 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

I really like this dress (Maggie Sottero). But after doing some research, reviews said the dress was not as nice close up. So I will have to check it out. Davids Bridal also has the smae type of dress but Im sure for way cheaper. I will have to look at both in person.

http://www.maggiesot...00&style=RD1044

http://www.davidsbri...tures-All-Gowns

#466 cait713

cait713
            • 94 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:24 AM

Hi Ladies!

Our photographer, Sascha Gluck, posted some of our pictures yesterday!  Here's a link if you'd like to check them out :)

http://cancunphotosblog.com/

#467 ahollo02

ahollo02
              • 296 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

Cait-

Amazingggg pictures!!!

#468 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
                • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Cait!! You look AMAZING! Everything looks perfect!

Congrats again! :)

#469 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
                  • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

Also AllieCattn- if you weren't so sweet I'd kinda HATE you...you look AMAZING in that dress!

WOW!

#470 alliecattn

alliecattn
                    • 68 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

Aww, thanks Tinkertoy and Cait, you do look beautiful. The pictures are spectacular!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users