#191 CnC

CnC
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soon2bePowers
    Hey Girls,

I leave tomorrow morning at 7:00am!!!

My mom and step-dad arrived at the Valentin on Saturday and said the place is amazing! They said it is currently very hot and humid. The food has been fabulous, the beach is amazing and the staff is wonderful! We can't wait!! I will post pics and a review when I return. We are gone for 10 days!!
    Can't wait to hear your review! Have a fantastic time and Congrats~

#192 CnC

CnC
    • 108 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JLRJEN
      Hi Jennie,

I'm getting married on December 12 at the Valentin. We looked at EDR and VIM. We chose VIM. My fiance and I paid $2200 total for seven nights including airfare, taxes, and transfers. If you take out the airfare and transfers, it works out to about $215/room/night including taxes.

Gotta love low season!
      JLRJEN - Would you mind sharing how you chose VIM over EDR? Was it solely based on the cost?...did you have any not-so-good experience (or hear of) with EDR?

#193 moult_22

moult_22
      • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:33 AM

Hi Girls,

Congrats to everyone who just got married at the VIM! Congratulations on your wedding!! I'm looking for opinions... my fiancee and I were all set to get married at the Catalonia Royal Tulum, even booked our trip, secured the date with the wc (who has been awesome!!) but our tour operator has now cancelled our flights twice and no longer fly the day we need so we are considering other options. It is hard because we have been to that resort before and feel very comfortable with it, honestly we are a bit nervous to be looking elsewhere.
        The Valentin works for the day we want to go, is an awesome price right now (for the girls asking round trip incl air and transfers from Toronto, Canada it is $1200 right now pp!- I have heard that dreamdays.com is a great website for low nightly prices if you want a reference) and looks beautiful. That said, I am pretty nervous about the problems everyone seems to be having with the wc and changing wedding dates etc.
        I would love advice on whether this is a place I should consider or whether I should stick to my comfort zone and find a way to make our original place work.

#194 t777a

t777a
        • 99 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

soon to be powers should be back any day now an posting a review she will be a good judge of how things are going to go ,if you wanna wait for her review. however, that being said i find this place extemely hard to deal and am not sure that it was worth the stress. it has the beautiful chapel i wanted but the coodinaters are makig it very hard to relax. i am not sure if i would have chosen this place had i known it was going to be this stressful. the resort thoigh seems t be outstanding based on regualr guest reviews.

#195 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
          • 382 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

Hello Girls,

We just got back yesterday and things have been a bit crazy at home!!

I haven't had a chance to write up a review but I will be doing that soon.

Here are my quick thoughts. The resort was AMAZING, wonderful atmosphere, awesome food, I really could go on and on and on! We met many people on excursions and such that had stayed at the Valentin previously (one couple brought kids with this time, another one has a routine of always trying the newest resort), everyone said the Valentin was the best resort they had ever stayed at!

Wedding department, the day we got there we met with Adrainna (I am sure I did not spell this correct). She was wonderful. We also has some interactions with Lupita (not that great). The wedding went GREAT, I would not change a thing. They did everything we asked and we had a blast!! I am very type A and the lack of communication was hard for me to deal with. In the end literally everything was able to be arranged the day we arrived. We brought down fans, chair bows, sand ceremony, ipod, guestbook with sign, shoes optional sign, cake topper, starfish for the tables. They put all of this out and then returned it the next day.

The cake was amazing and was just like the starfish cake!

Let me know if you girls have any questions, I took TONS of pictures and should get them loaded soon!

Mrs. Powers

#196 t777a

t777a
            • 99 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

I am sooo happy that everything was great. Congratulations!!!! and thanks for the quick notes puts me more at ease.

#197 Sarah Do

Sarah Do
              • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

So, I have just begun the quest to plan a wedding by November 21st,2009. I know that many people have had issues with getting in contact with whatever WC happens to be there at the time. I sent a few emails to Ariadna (the newest coordinator) and so far she has replied each one within 4-12 hours each time. A note to those considering the Valentin: the WC seemed more interested in beginning the planning process one I sent over the $800 deposit. We are doing the basic "Moonlight" package, but we think that we will end up being eligible for the "Complimentary" package. I was told by the WC that the $800 deposit will be used for "extras" and if we end up not having any extras, we will get refunded the full deposit.
                I have currently asked for options for cakes (though I am awfully fond of the starfish cake I have seen on here), beach set-ups, and flowers. When I get a reply, I will post as much as possible on here or email them to whomever wants them.

#198 t777a

t777a
                • 99 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

i already have the flowers that they offer i posted some on here but not all of them there were alot. if you give me your email i can send the books to you. I also have the beach set ups

#199 t777a

t777a
                  • 99 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

oh by flowers i mean centerpieces, if you get anything else like flowers for decorations, let me know

#200 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                    • 382 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hey girls, I just posted my review with pics. I don't have a lot of pics of the actual ceremony yet, I'm still gathering them from guest.

Extras the Valentin gave us (for no charge). This was all Ariadna's (very hard to say, we called her Arey) doing. Lupita was not helpful and not happy Arey gave us all of this.

Sound system-we didn't plan on using it because of the prices they had given us. During out 1st meeting Arey just explained the ceremony and mentioned the sound guy. We said will he be their the whole time? She said yes for the ceremony, cocktail, and his equipment will be at the dinner. We gave him our ipod and used his speakers/microphone.

Chair covers-we thought there was a per chair price. They didn't charge us anything.

Centerpieces-Arey called these her surprise for us (Lupita was not happy she gave us these). They were fish bowls with water that matched our colors and then big shells in them.

**If you haven't booked yet we have seen some really cheap prices!! In the St. Louis Post Dispatch 5 nights including air for a week in August is $700!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users