Valentin Imperial Maya Brides?

i feel better now i sent my std's out seven months in advance and was a little worried about time, but that seems to be around the same time as everyone else. i just received the symbolic cermony from the minister, ill paste it below.

HOUSE OF PRAYER

WEDDING CEREMONY

It would be an honor to serve you.

We are a Non-denominational Christian church, our church´s name in Cancun is:

“The House of Prayerâ€

This is an idea of the ceremony that we could perform.

Opening prayer

Welcome

1st. Reading (Mark 10:6-9) Institution of marriage

Reflexion on the scripture

2nd. Reading (1st. Corinthians 13:4-8a) Love

Meditation on the reading

Prayer for the rings (your hearts)

Vows: Bride, Groom´s name: I give you this ring

Wear it with love and joy

I choose you to be my (wife, husband)

From this day forward

For better or for worst

For richer or for poorer

In sickness and in health

To love and to cherish

For as long as we both shall live

Amen

Presentation to the congregation as Mr. and Mrs.

Signing of the certificate.

You may writte your own program

You may write your own vows.

You can add: Sand ceremony, poems, songs, other readings…etc. I will guide the timing for them, or as you prefer.

It lasts approximately 13 to 22 minutes.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am getting the middle package and thought that it included a private dinner for 25 people. now that Lupita is back she told me that to make it private i have to pay an extra $10 per person. which would be the $1899 plus $250 for my 25 people. did anyone else hear this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t777a View Post
i am getting the middle package and thought that it included a private dinner for 25 people. now that Lupita is back she told me that to make it private i have to pay an extra $10 per person. which would be the $1899 plus $250 for my 25 people. did anyone else hear this?
I have gotten mixed information about this.When I originally began planning the wedding package did not state 25 people. It said something like wedding party member (staying at the hotel). When it stated no number Lupita told me $10 extra a person to make the invite private.

Then the 2009 package updates came out and the number 25 was included. To this Alana (I think it was her I know it was not Lupita) said that the package invited a private event for 25 people but any additional people would be like $45 a person (I think the number was $45 it was around $40).

We are going to have either 35 or 37 people including ourselves. So we know there is going to be additional cost. I am planning on printing all the emails I have acquired over the past months and am going to bring them with me.

thats my issue, first i was told it included a private event now im told its an extra $10 per person, im gonna bring all my emails with me too, but some of my coversations were on the phone. so im not sure if i have it in an email. its upsetting because now there saying none of the packages include a private meal.

Great information guys! I'm getting mixed messages, and a bit frustrated as well, but at this point only 44 days to go, I can't do a whole lot about it. I did hire a large TA, that says they have "pulling power"....so, I will use that if needed, and I also am going to print out all emails. I emailed last week, and was told by Lupita that Alana no longer works there, so that is frustrating too....

Thank you both for all of the information. I sent an email pic of a cake I like, and haven't heard back if it can be made or not, and if there is additional cost, as soon as I hear, I will let you guys know.

Hi ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA. I can't access this site from work and I spend very little time on the computer at home.

Everyone's information has been so helpful! And I'm getting so excited for all the upcoming June brides. I can't wait to see your pictures and to hear about your weddings. It will be FABULOUS!

Thanks everyone for the incredible info/pix. I LOVE the starfish cake and the chairs. I think they are perfect! WOW! Thanks for posting the pix. I'm so glad you girls are out there and that I found you :)

I'm going to email shamrock and soon2bpowers (i'll put destinationweddings.com in the subject or something) for the additional pix/email.

I'm planning on doing a second site visit (b/c my first was only for 2 hours and wasn't very thorough). I'm going at the end of June. I know that won't help the early June brides, but if there is anything anyone wants me to ask/find out, let me know...

Oh and if it helps, my wedding is December, I sent STDs in Feb and i'm going to send invites in July. We also are inviting 250 ppl (but we expect only about 40-50 to come - DWs are polite ways to have small weddings w/o excluding anyone :). We are about 95% sure that our invite will be a Passport with a boarding pass reply card. Has anyone done somethign like that? What were your invitations like?

Also, I still haven't given up on the idea of doing something fun at the reception - S2BPowers, i think you said fire dancers or something like that. I want cigar rollers and something fun at the reception. I know VIM doesn't offer it, but I was thinking of using this site to find a vendor in Mexico (or a WC who could recommend a vendor in Mexico) to do some of the additional things I want.

Finally, what are you all doing about photographers? Are you bringing your own? Or using the one the resort has? If you are using the resorts, how do you get your pics at the end? Our wedding is Sat and we leave on Monday....

All the best,

JLRJEN

Jenn,

Hope the pic's I sent by email were helpful. We have pretty much decided on Moments that Matter for the wedding and Del Sol for the trash the dress session. Del Sol was very expensive to use Del Sol for the whole thing. Moments that Matter don't seem to have done a lot of weddings in Riviera Maya yet but have a lot scheduled for this year.

hope this helps. We didn't get to see any rooms on our site inspection (they said they were full) so when you do your site visit, I would like to see some candid photo's of the different room types.

Thanks

nicole