Valentin Imperial Maya Brides?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm doing out of town bags as well. Went with beach bags, I found from a bride on Craigslist. Similar list....

Spanish for dummies (target $1)

Brain Teasers for dummies (target $1)

Yankee candle (not in glass) blue ($4 TJMaxx)

Bath Salts ($4 TJMAXX)

water guns (oriental trading co.)

footballs for guys($1 target)

single guys bags: Mens face wash and lotion travel size (target$1 each)

bamboo fans ($3 handmade locally)

first aid kit ($2 target)

sunscreen ($1 target)

chapstick (3 pack target $3)

gardinia sachet (target $1)

after sun aloe (target $1)

Custom printed M&M's in a silver/clear tin ($2 M&M.com)

and I will be doing snacks too as it gets closer.... :)

Hopefully, I'm close to done on those..... smile72.gif

Colby2277-Did you get your aloe recently? That is something I am watching for.

Also just an FYI-when I contacted the Valentin today I was today that Lupita is going on leave as she is expecting a baby. She will return in May, just in time for June weddings. While she is gone Alana will be taking her place. She seems very on top of things and wants to get plans squared away.

It looks like Hailadam, Colby2277, and I will all be at the Valentin right around the same time. I will actually be there for Hailadam's wedding.

Okay, chomping at the bit..can't wait to be there. We purchased wedding bands yesterday...making it even more exciting that the time is coming near.

So far, for my gift bags I have:

24oz insulated cups for the guest

glade candles (mexican rooms sometimes smell like mold)

A copy of Frommer's for MExico (travel guide)

Iteneriary for the day trips (Cozumel)

Guess I should go to target and the dollar store to find some more little stuff.

Are you all putting these items in your luggage?

Thank you very much for the advice...appreciate it, like your ideas bc trying to keep the price down. The cups were expensive. smile72.gif

Hey ladies,

I found the aloe at target, and the dollar store also had them. I also have "ring" lipgloss in the girls bags that I found on ebay. :) I thought it was cute. I am packing all of mine in my luggage, my FH and my maid of honor's bags....I have read horrible things about shipping, and things missing....so, I don't want to risk it. I have them all packed, it was easier, and that way I can relax when I get there vs. work on OOT bags. I am still getting other small items....just going to look around....

it looks like I will be there for one wedding but, while both of you are at the resort. :) I am getting in on the 3rd and leaving the 10th.

Oh, and one more thing...I have been dealing with Guadalupe for my Wedding Coordinator....she is who emails me, and on the phone....just saw you guys had talked to someone else.??

Hey ladies,

I found the aloe at target, and the dollar store also had them. I also have "ring" lipgloss in the girls bags that I found on ebay. :) I thought it was cute. I am packing all of mine in my luggage, my FH and my maid of honor's bags....I have read horrible things about shipping, and things missing....so, I don't want to risk it. I have them all packed, it was easier, and that way I can relax when I get there vs. work on OOT bags. I am still getting other small items....just going to look around....

it looks like I will be there for one wedding but, while both of you are at the resort. :) I am getting in on the 3rd and leaving the 10th.

Oh, and one more thing...I have been dealing with Guadalupe for my Wedding Coordinator....she is who emails me, and on the phone....just saw you guys had talked to someone else.??

Hello, all you soon to married women,

First, I wanted to tell you that my travel agent emailed over a HUGE list of questions to Valentin about a month ago....and yesterday we received some answers. So, they do reply back..it just takes FOREVER. For those of you going through the middle package with the reception, you can have the cocktail party upon arrival and then do the reception later. They will set up a sound system on the beach for you to play music. 36 pictures are included in that package. You can pick you cake and flowers when you get there. (Those are easy decisions)

SoontobePowers...are you getting married here in STL beforehand? That's what we are doing because I didn't want to have to worry about all of the details that goes along with getting married in Mexico. DOn't tell any of my family though!!! Just Kidding

Day trips...this will be our third time to this part of MExico. Last time, we took a taxi to Playa del Carmen and then took a $20 ferry ride over to cozumel. We rented a moped and drove around the island all day..we had so much fun. So, this time we are renting four jeeps in COzumel for all of our guests. We made all of these arrangements by ourselves bc alot of the excursions the resort tries to book are overpriced and come with a really long wait bc there are so many people doing them. I would suggest picking up a FRommer's (travel guide) or looking it up online so that you are aware of all the options. The cab ride from the resort to Playa we heard was about $25 one way. That's not bad, considering these cab drivers will take advantage of the fact that you are a tourist. If you want to book excursion and have all of the details taken care of, then I would suggest that you go through the people in the resort. When you arrive, they will schedule an appointment with you and explain all of the touristy things to do. They will book everything and make sure you have rides to each place. NOt a bad option, but like I said earlier, we booked a trip to go to Tulum, we got on a huge bus and had to stop at like four other resorts...pick up people and then drive to Tulum. This took up a majority of the day. But, aleast you don't have to worry about the details.

LEt me know if I didn't answer clearly or if you want the jeep rental place's info. The ferry tickets you can't buy in advance but there are ticket booths all over the ocean side of Playa. IT is not hard to get a ferry ticket.

Hailey

Regarding their wedding coordinator.

When I first started planning I was dealing Guillermo, then he moved to another area of the resort. Then came Guadalupe aka Lupita. Her email says Guadalupe, she signs her email and calls herself Lupita when we talk to her. Now we were told that she is having a baby and will be leaving soon. In come Alana, she is supposed beginning to take over and then Lupita will be back in May.

I am soooo very happy to have 2 other active brides getting married at the Valentin to chat with!!

Ashley