Valentin Imperial Maya Brides?

I sent an email to Ana asking how long the reception lasts. When she replied she said "20-25 minutes".  I assume she thought I meant the ceremony.  I also asked her about 10 other questions in that email and felt bad about correcting her error.  Can anyone else let me know how long the reception lasts?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nikki-

Our reception was about 4 hours.  Ceremony 5-5:30, Cocktail hour 5:45-6:45, Dinner/Reception 7-11.  After we left the reception, we went to the plaza for more dancing with the dj there.

I should tell you that a few weeks before the wedding, Ariadna emailed me that we could stay at the reception until 11 (I had to know how long to make my playlist on my ipod).  When we got there, she told us we could stay only until 10.  We checked with the restaurant manager when we got to the reception, and he said it was fine if we stay until 11.  The servers stayed the whole time, and we were sure to tip them well for staying late with us.

Timing is super flexible there-it's not so tightly scheduled like it would be here in the US and Canada.  It was super relaxed!

Hope this helped-let me know if I can answer any more questions for you:  cait713 @ aol.com.

Hi Ladies-

Well we got the invites out. Right now we are trying to decide on three big things and I'd love to hear what you all did/ are doing.

1. DJ or iPod? We are expecting 25-30 people so I'm not sure the $950 for DJ will be worth it. I've read where people just bring their iPod and rent the speakers but Ana quoted us $450 for the speakers. Doesn't that seem high? We are considering just buying and bringing an iPod docking station with us but are unsure if it will be loud enough. Any advice??

2. Rehersal- did you do one? Thoughts?

3. Rehersal dinner- Ana and I are having a language issue in getting prices on this. Did you all have a private rehersal dinner? Just show up at the resturant?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Hey Tinkertoy, I just went through the same questions with Ana and I agree that I wish there was a better option for music for the reception.  I definitely think that that price is too high for use of their speakers and we plan on doing the same thing with the ipod and speaker dock.  Hopefully it will be okay.  We are a smaller group though, only 14 or 16 people including us.

As for the rehersal, I hadn't even thought about having one.  We want to have a welcome dinner for our first night at the resort for the group.  I guess you need a rehersal of some sort so that you know how things are going to go on the big day but I was hoping that Ana would just walk us through the layout prior to our wedding day.  Let me know what you find out and what you decide to do.  It seems like another waste of money to have a private rehersal dinner but I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Hi ladies!! Does anyone have any good ideas on where i can search for bouquet ideas?  I have the pictures that Ariadna sent me but they all looked kinda 1990's to me. 

Also.... does anyone know if the WC's will contact us when it gets closer to our wedding dates to finalize things or are we supposed to contact them? I've already emailed our cocktail hour apps, and dinner choices but still haven't decided on flowers, huppas etc...

Thanks for your help!!

Hi ladies-

We are planning on just having a welcome dinner.... I wasn't sure about doing a rehersal either but I hoped like Jenlevergood, that Ariadna would just walk us through it when we meet with her to finalize everything.

We are having about 16-18 people at our wedding and were planning on doing just the I-pod.  $450 does seem expensive for speakers. 

Are you ladies planning on music at your ceremony and do you know how that will work with the I-pod??

I am happy to share my pictures with anyone if you send me a private message including your email address. Also, we hired Doremixx and I am happy we did. Yes, it was somewhat expensive but no more than a band or DJ would be back home. Ivan handed out favors like balloons, masks, and glow in the dark necklaces that were a lot of fun. I thought they would be cheesy, but they were not received that way at all. He also kept us all dancing all night long, and it was nice not to have to worry about music. I sent him a playlist (using a template he sent me) with the song for every special moment, dancing songs, and a do not play list. 

Ariadna will walk you through things regardless of whether you choose to do a formal rehearsal or not.

Don't worry, she is very thorough and professional.

Thanks AlliCattn- I sent you a pm cause I'd love to see your pics :)

I'm starting to think we will not have the formal rehersal and maybe just all converge on the Lobster Pot at a certain time for the "welcome dinner" and see what happens. It really chaps my hide to pay $25/person for food at an AI resort, you know?

And we keep going back and forth about the music. Part of me is thinking just pay for the DJ and be done with it but then I don't know if it's cost effective for <30 people....aagh!

Someone asked above about bouquets- Ana told me to send her pics I liked and that the only constraint is they have to have access to those flowers in Mexico. I found a gorgeous all orchid pic on the knot and I need to send it to her to see if they can do it. I'm sure they can but am wondering what it's going to cost me. EEK!

Anyway, can you all tell I'm getting a little paniced? It's coming so fast!

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by cait713 View Post

Nikki-

Our reception was about 4 hours.  Ceremony 5-5:30, Cocktail hour 5:45-6:45, Dinner/Reception 7-11.  After we left the reception, we went to the plaza for more dancing with the dj there.

I should tell you that a few weeks before the wedding, Ariadna emailed me that we could stay at the reception until 11 (I had to know how long to make my playlist on my ipod).  When we got there, she told us we could stay only until 10.  We checked with the restaurant manager when we got to the reception, and he said it was fine if we stay until 11.  The servers stayed the whole time, and we were sure to tip them well for staying late with us.

Timing is super flexible there-it's not so tightly scheduled like it would be here in the US and Canada.  It was super relaxed!

Hope this helped-let me know if I can answer any more questions for you:  cait713 @ aol.com.

Thanks Cait!  We are starting our ceremony at the same time so this timeline seems similar to what we will probably have.  I will let you know if I have any more questions!