Valentin Imperial Maya Brides?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, this new site is going to take a while to get use to, but I'm loving it!

Ahollo I can't wait to read you review and see your photos as soon as I find them, hahaha!

We didn't pay an outside vender fee, but we we're pretty rough with Lupita. She had originally agreed to wave the fee and then when we got there she didn't want to honor it. We just kinda looked at her like she was nuts and flat out told her that we weren't going to pay it. Never did pay it either.

We had the steak and shrimp dinner and it was very good. I liked the steak from our reception better then that from the French restuarant.

And, we also had a symbolic ceremony, and no, nobody could tell the difference. A couple days after we got home my mil was asking me if their was any paperwork that we should have signed, and I just said hope, everything was all taken care of. Nobody ever knew the difference, and they still don't!

Oh my GOD, I am totally in the same situation!
FI and I decided early on that we weren't going to spend all that extra money on paperwork, blood tests and minister fees down in Mexico.. it's crazy ridiculous and we can put that money on decorations, a DJ.. whatever else we want!

In our minds, the legal signing of papers is a detail.. we don't intend on exchanging rings, reciting vows, kissing...NOTHING. Our real wedding is in Mexico and that's what counts.

Now on the other hand, my FI's parents announced to us that they weren't coming..and let's be honest, they do have 11 months to change their minds but for them to already refuse.. this is big. So we're both pissed, we don't understand.. it's not a money issues, no health problems.. they simply aren't interested in Mexico and they find it's far.. HELLO it's a 3-hr plane ride! They'd be willing to drive 10 hrs to have it near my parents' house in the same province, but won't get on a plane and have a vacation all at the same time.

It's so frustrating and disappointing we don't know what to do and I feel so bad for my FI. To have nobody from his entire family there on his wedding day is breaking my heart.

I'm slowing working on my invites (boarding pass)..I want to send them out before the end of September.. and next will be to get our wedding website all figured out and ready for RSVPs. We're moving next month so there's a lot going on!

I received my picture frame signature mat thingy.. it's all black with a space for a 5x7 pic.. the white pen came with it, now to find a way to get it down to Mexico!

I'll be ordering 5 beach bags for my bridesmaids, my mom and myself next month off ebay (7.95$ each with their initial sewn on it - good deal!).

Trying to do things little by little because we don't want to get caught with too many last minute purchases!

How's everyone else's planning going?

I can't believe they are not going just because they are not interested!! That's crazy! I mean that is their son and they are being stubborn! They will for sure regret it!

The planning is going ok for me. I am in the process of getting my invites out. And am trying to book my flight and room. That is about it. Still have to get my dress and buy the stuff for the bags.