• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

great review...can't wait to see pics...mango weddings are sponsors of the forum so it is great to hear great things.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 sassybride

• Banned
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

Awesome review! Thanks.
    Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#13 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

great review! i didnt know we were next door neighbors the same week :) cant wait to see some pics!

#14 evtalbot

• 173 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:26 PM

Thanks so much for the review! Your wedding sounds amazing!! It definitely calmed some of my anxiety, esp. because you said you were able to please even your picky guests!

Did your pictures with Mango productions come included in the wedding package or did you sign a contract with them separately? Did you do any upgrades for the photo package? (Because 710 pictures sounds awesome!)

Which wedding package did you choose? What time was your ceremony? I would LOVE to see pictures of your reception, it sounds lovely!

#15 Lagen

• 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

I haven't had time to post pictures yet. Our pictures are HUGE and need to be re-sized and such. Sorry for the delay. I'll try to post a few soon.

As for the questions.....

We had about 40 guests. This was a great size! It was large enough to be fun, yet small enough to manage and do group adventures.

Our wedding was on the beach at 4:00. We had the Caprice package, which was the perfect choice for us. The photos we got were by the hour, not included in the package. I think we bought 4 hours worth of photography.

I think that answers the questions. Don't hesitate to ask more.
        For those of you who are really interested in photos we have had many friends post them, and I even added 100 of the professional ones on the kodak website. There are of course a ton of photos of our Friends which you would have to sift through, but there are pics of room, the resort lobby, pools, wedding area, etc. So, if you have time if might be worth a gander!
        And, there are a 100 professional ones of us. Feel free to check it out and/or share it.....we've given the info to tons of people. Like I said, you might have to sift a little to find what you're looking for. Enjoy!

e-mail = toddandlagen@hotmail.com
        password = mexico

#16 katsmeow

• 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

With your OOT bags, did you have any problems with mexico customs? Did you have any problems with the airlines and the new extra baggage policies?

#17 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

Congrats on a wonderful wedding! Thanks for writing such a great review too. I visited the Riu Palace in January & have been really dissapointed with all the negatives I've been reading because I had such a great trip (wasn't a wedding, just a vacation but we loved it!) Very happy to hear that everything was good for you!!!

#18 Lagen

• 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

FYI I had no problems going through customs with my bags. We taped a wedding invite inside each bag carrying OOT bag stuff just in case they had questions about the items and their purpose. Of note, customs has changes in the past few years. It used to be that you walked through and pushed a button that turned red or green and if you got red your bags were searched. Now, they put it through the x-ray machine only. There are no buttons to push and not a single person from our entire flight (which was full) was stopped or had their bags searched. So, I would say customs is NOT any issue at all.

We booked our flights so long ago that they new baggage info didn't apply to us so I can't comment on that. Check the date you bought your tickets if you already have. I think it states if you bought your tickets 2 months before the date the new laws went into effect (which would be May) you get to have 2 bags per person and 2 carry ons. We did ask people to bring stuff for us since many people were only staying 3 nights and didn't need to bring a ton of stuff. My wedding planner brought an extra bag and I think paid $25 which was rather reasonable. I say, bring as many bags as you need and pay an extra $50. In the end you'll be happy you have everything you want there, nothing too smashed, and extra room to bring back anything you purchase!!!

FYI - 2 groups of guests booked a trip back to the Riu this winter. That's how much people enjoyed the resort!!!! We also just booked a trip to Mazatlan for Thanksgiving - that's how hard it is to come back from such a wonderful trip!

#19 jamk32179

• 341 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

thanks so much for the awesome review! i am now thinking about cabo instead of riviera maya for my DW....soooo many choices!
                September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#20 saltocoach

• 235 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:26 AM

Thank you so much for the terrific review Lagen! You've really put my mind at ease. Can't wait to see the pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users