Photo

Need help in determining thank you gift...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KatyKo

KatyKo
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Hello Ladies! A friend of my sister is printing my Passport STDs (as we speak). Her family owns a commercial printing company and is doing these for me, for free. The STDs are ones I got from this site (I'm going blank as to who they are from), but they are the booklet passport-like ones. So there are multiple pages and she is doing a heavier paper for the cover and a nice weight for the inside. She is printing 100 for me and giving me envelopes for them as well...all for free. She is so fabulous for doing this, but I obviously want to give her something as a thank you.

So I have no idea how much a print job like that would cost. I figured in order to come up with a monetary value for the gift, I should know how much money she is saving me! Anyone have any ideas or advice?

Thank you!!

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

My best guess is that if you had them designed and printed commercially, you'd be looking at $5-$10 per booklet.

If it's just the printing, then closer to $2 - $4 each.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

is she coming to the wedding? if so, maybe a gc toward the spa or something.
      otherwise, my favorite gifts for something like this is a Restaurant.com - Find deals on neighborhood restaurants. $25 Restaurant Certificates for only $10! gc. you spend $10 to give a $25 gc to so many restaurants! also, if you go to Ben's Bargains - Bargains, Coupons, Freebies, you can get a coupon code, often for 60% off, making a $25 gc only $4!!!

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Lauren, are you for real? That's a such a super deal! (OK wow, that rhymed a little too much.)

#5 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kristy!
          Lauren, are you for real? That's a such a super deal! (OK wow, that rhymed a little too much.)
          lol, isn't it fantastic!!!! a woman helped me w/ my resume for free and i sent her one. you can email the gc or print it out. you can also get larger amounts. dh did it for his partners for christmas. he paid about $25 for a $150 gc (i think, don't quote me on that). some restaurants have stipulations - you have to spend a certain amount, some can only be used m-th, but everything is written there for you. we also buy them for ourselves and use them at great restaurants around here - it's not just for gifts!

#6 MSWeddings

MSWeddings
          • 34 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by becks
            My best guess is that if you had them designed and printed commercially, you'd be looking at $5-$10 per booklet.

If it's just the printing, then closer to $2 - $4 each.
            I agree - the design costs are probably much higher than the material costs.

After hearing your description of the STDs, I'd guess $1-2 for the printing (no design.) Keep in mind that the printer's own cost is going to be much lower than the retail price.

#7 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
            • 203 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

I would take her out for a nice dinner, place of her choice or her fav. resturant treat her to dinner, drinks and desert. Dont forget to tell her how much you really love her and all her hard work.
              Live every day like the next will never come.

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

Wow that is really nice of her. And i agree with becks price estimates. I would take her out for lunch or dinner and give her a nice giftcard.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 Sah

Sah
                • 204 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

Wow! That's amazing. I would offer a nice bottle of wine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users