Sign in to follow this  
KatyKo

Need help in determining thank you gift...

Hello Ladies! A friend of my sister is printing my Passport STDs (as we speak). Her family owns a commercial printing company and is doing these for me, for free. The STDs are ones I got from this site (I'm going blank as to who they are from), but they are the booklet passport-like ones. So there are multiple pages and she is doing a heavier paper for the cover and a nice weight for the inside. She is printing 100 for me and giving me envelopes for them as well...all for free. She is so fabulous for doing this, but I obviously want to give her something as a thank you.

So I have no idea how much a print job like that would cost. I figured in order to come up with a monetary value for the gift, I should know how much money she is saving me! Anyone have any ideas or advice?

Thank you!! smile29.gif

My best guess is that if you had them designed and printed commercially, you'd be looking at $5-$10 per booklet.

If it's just the printing, then closer to $2 - $4 each.

is she coming to the wedding? if so, maybe a gc toward the spa or something.

otherwise, my favorite gifts for something like this is a Restaurant.com - Find deals on neighborhood restaurants. $25 Restaurant Certificates for only $10! gc. you spend $10 to give a $25 gc to so many restaurants! also, if you go to Ben's Bargains - Bargains, Coupons, Freebies, you can get a coupon code, often for 60% off, making a $25 gc only $4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy! View Post
Lauren, are you for real? That's a such a super deal! (OK wow, that rhymed a little too much.)
lol, isn't it fantastic!!!! a woman helped me w/ my resume for free and i sent her one. you can email the gc or print it out. you can also get larger amounts. dh did it for his partners for christmas. he paid about $25 for a $150 gc (i think, don't quote me on that). some restaurants have stipulations - you have to spend a certain amount, some can only be used m-th, but everything is written there for you. we also buy them for ourselves and use them at great restaurants around here - it's not just for gifts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
My best guess is that if you had them designed and printed commercially, you'd be looking at $5-$10 per booklet.

If it's just the printing, then closer to $2 - $4 each.
I agree - the design costs are probably much higher than the material costs.

After hearing your description of the STDs, I'd guess $1-2 for the printing (no design.) Keep in mind that the printer's own cost is going to be much lower than the retail price.

I would take her out for a nice dinner, place of her choice or her fav. resturant treat her to dinner, drinks and desert. Dont forget to tell her how much you really love her and all her hard work.