• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

I bought black ribbon - from hobby lobby - I think it was 99 cents/roll and then I ran out and went to WalMart to buy some more. I kept it on with glue dots - amazing! I didn't use flowers though - I glued my programs on w/ glue dots instead. They turned out great - I wouldn't buy expensive ribbon if I were you - I don't think you will be able to tell the difference once you get it on the handle. Here's a pic of my fans -

Click the image to open in full size.

#12 caroline

caroline
    • 697 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

They turned out really well, Betsy! As I asked someone else (can't remember who now, but I didn't get an answer to the question!) what did you do with the ribbon at the top of the handle? To mean, where the handle meets the fan... Did you thread it through? Or is that even possible? I guess I'm wondering what you did to make it look "tidy?"

#13 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by caroline
        They turned out really well, Betsy! As I asked someone else (can't remember who now, but I didn't get an answer to the question!) what did you do with the ribbon at the top of the handle? To mean, where the handle meets the fan... Did you thread it through? Or is that even possible? I guess I'm wondering what you did to make it look "tidy?"
        I put one glue dot on the end of the ribbon, secured it at the top of the handle and then I rolled it all around the handle, and threaded it through the top part, on the back of the fan I finished off the ribbon and secured it with another glue dot. You couldn't tell really, esp since I used black ribbon. But I think I ended up doing them all differently one way or another - mostly trial and error! It's kind of hard to explain but once you start doing it, it seems easier!

#14 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
        • 856 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Betsy
          I put one glue dot on the end of the ribbon, secured it at the top of the handle and then I rolled it all around the handle, and threaded it through the top part, on the back of the fan I finished off the ribbon and secured it with another glue dot. You couldn't tell really, esp since I used black ribbon. But I think I ended up doing them all differently one way or another - mostly trial and error! It's kind of hard to explain but once you start doing it, it seems easier!
          I love the size of your fans. Which website did you order them from?

#15 Cali

Cali
          • 281 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

I bought my ribbon from the dollar store and the orchids were from USI Floral Inc....

#16 caroline

caroline
            • 697 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

Well, I placed an order with USI Floral Inc., so we shall see what happens! And how the stems work with the ribbon purchased from Michaels. These fans (like everything else) are costing me WAY more than I had anticipated... lol

#17 caroline

caroline
              • 697 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

So my flowers arrived... and although nice, several are broken! To mean, several have fallen off the posts they are attatched to! Did anyone have the same problem? Will they re-glue on sturdily?!

And the stems are really thick. Will an exacto knife sort this out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users