10 months away from the wedding day

Ok so my wedding is about 10 months away. I know plenty of time, right? No, I have not done anything or even know where or how to start. I have some great ideas but don't know what should come first or how to execute any of them without knowing # of guest, left over money from my wedding budget, etc...So I am writing to all of you, the all knowing queens of DW's. Where/how did you start? And I feel I am all alone in the planning my guy thinks he is too manly for this sorta stuff and it is his 2nd wedding, how did you get your FI involved (this maybe it's on thread on it's own)?

Things I actually have done

- FI

- Date

- Place

- Dress

Have you sent out STDs? That would be #1 if you havent. Then formal invites. If you are having BMs, their dresses. Groom and groomsman outfits. Both rings. General ideas of what you want at the place (flowers, centerpieces, reception, no reception, food, etc). hope that gives you a start.

I agree with Lucy!

And if he isn't interested and doesn't want to be involved, don't try to force him and try to keep the wedding talk to a minimum...my advice is from my own experience...it's not worth the fight when he tells you you're obsessed with it, even if you aren't.

We're here for ideas and support and to obsess with you :)

Hmmm, you were ahead of me at 10 months...i had only a FI and a location! Now I'm 6 months out and I have my dress, my invites, my bouquet and that is all....still working on it....Relax is my advice! Make a list, there are tons of great ones on this forum to help you.

You're way ahead of me at 10 months, too! Now I'm 6 months away and I still feel like I've got nothing accomplished. I found it hard to plan until I had a better idea of how many people are coming. These are a few things you could think about doing:

Clothes for FI

Shoes and accessories for yourself

Flowers

Music Lists

Thanks for the ideas of where to start you are totally right about the clothing it will be much harder to find summer clothing in the winter so I should get that out of the way and it will also be on sale (that's a plus). i am glad to know I am not the only one with everything done. i come on to BDW and see everyone finishing projects everyday and I guess it is getting me nervous. Plus all the projects look so time consuming and do you fit it all in?

Thanks again

I'm 10 months out too, and I'm pretty much where you are, except I made a wedding website & started sending out my save-the-dates. (A close cousin got engaged last month so I had to get moving on those before they set their date!)

I think you're doing great with your planning!

I'm a right around the same time line as you. I've picked out my mans clothes, have my dress (although I've had that for a while, long story!) Have our wedding planner, picked our AHR venue and deposit is/will be put down in 24 hours (another long story, but yeah we're having one now) OOT bags purchased (just the bag), oh and AA contracted.

I think thats about it. The only things I could say make sure you have done would be if you want AA for flowers, she books hellva quick. Anything that you won't be able to find that is summery. You'll be doing the bulk of your shopping during the winter months, so anything you need like sun dresses, sandals, OOT bag stuff, ect I'd get now.

My FI wanted to be more involved with thing which is making it a huge help. If I was you, I wouldn't press the issue, let us obsess with you!! We love it, plus I'm ocd anyway pinkie.gif