Bands: Stainless Steel, Titanium, Platinum, White Gold?

Happy hump day rockon.gif

Tonight we're going to see about a band for Joe. He's an electrician, a lineman who works outside, & gets dirty. He wants something plain, not so heavy. I'm wonderig what the best band would be out of the selection above in the subject line. I know I can ask the lady when we see her but I'm looking on their website now at rings, so when I get there I have pix to show her. I wanted to narrow it down to the make or whatever...

Let me know what you all think, merci ;o)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jac, doug is an airplane mechanic and he works with heavy machinery all day long, he LOVES his titanium band, it is super lightweight and still very strong at the same time. we got him 4 different ones and he is wearing the black one right now, it scratches pretty good (but it's not the ring, just the black color that is scratching off, moslty from opening beer bottles in cabo hahaha), but he likes it better than the plain silver ones.

anyways, titanium is actually what airplane skins are made of, so you know it's tough stuff!

ahhhhhh, and in case you havent, check out Wholesale Sterling Silver Jewelry | Titanium | Stainless Steel | Fashion Jewelry for titanium bands, they are like $5 and thats why we got 4. the EXACT same band is at the jewelers we got my ring from and it is $170, but we paid like $5.50 or something for his black one.

I can't speak from a man's experience, but from my own with my ERing, which is platinum, I find it to be kind of heavy. I am happy with the choice but it definitely has some weight to it. Also, despite me being VERY careful with it, it has some scratches on it already!! I am told they can be buffed out and that it is normal for this to happen, but it might not be the best metal based on what you described!

You may want to ask a jeweller about it when you go shopping. That is what they are there for, and they will hopefully recommend something that is perfect!

jac i was going to tell you exactly about abbie's story.

do NOT get joe platinum - it is way too malleable - it will scratch and ding like a mofo with him wearing it daily doing what he does for a living. and white gold is going to scratch quite a bit too because he is so active with his hands.

titanium is the best option for him.

I bought FI a Tungsten ring. The jeweler said it is almost impossible to scratch and the ring will never turn dull, it will always be shiny. Also keep in mind that if you do something like titanium it cant be cut off his finger (in case something bad happens) with the Tungsten, the ring can be shattered if they have to get it off.

Tungsten Jewelry - Mens & Womens Tungsten Carbide Wedding Rings, Bands, Watches & Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
you can also buy 2 from the place abbie posted. one for work & one to stay pretty.
thats what we got 4 for, he tends to lose things easily :) also the black one was supposed to be his pretty one but he likes it so much he is wearing it all the time. this coming from the guy who said he probably wont wear a ring cause he'll take it off for work everyday, but he has been wearing it all the time! yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
I would say titanium as well. I love the look of it.
But isn't Titanium the kind of metal that can never be resized because you cannot cut it?
yes, pretty much anyways. thats why not only did we get him 4 styles, but we got 2 sizes of each so he can go back and forth as the temp (and his weight haha) fluctuate. still only spent less than $50 including shipping!