• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by welljen 

Hi ladies,

I flew with Air Canada earlier this month and they were very accommodating with my wedding dress. I had my purse and my wedding dress was my other personal item.

They let me lay it flat in one of the overhead compartments in first class, even though we were stuck in 'steerage' :) - my mom had been upgraded to first class, so as a worst case scenario we had already decided that we would have had her take it on as her carry-on item.

There were 2 other brides on the flight and I shared the compartment with one of them, while the other bride hung her dress upright in the closet.

Hope this helps!
    J

Thanks for the update!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#42 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

thanx for the advice .... i started thinking about this the other day, now that I know theres a closet im a happy girl lol

I was determined to pay off the crew to keep it safe in the cockpit or something. Now i dont have to lol Thanx  again

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#43 welljen

welljen
      • Site Supporter
      • 94 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Oh just to add, although there is a 'closet' it is pretty short, so you may want to go with laying it down flat in the overhead compartment.

In any case, as part of our wedding package the resort pressed both my dress and my fiance's suit.

Jenn

#44 meeshie77

meeshie77
        • 208 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hmmmn, this is a good point.  Maybe I'll use it as a blanket and lay it across FI and I...lol.  J/K.  Thanks for the tips ladies!

#45 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

yeah i think what im going to do, not like it will make a difference im sure lol but im going to call the airline and notify them that i am bring my dress my FI suit and my mothers dress all in the same bag. just to give them a heads up...see what they say

thanx for all the info

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#46 charitydawn

charitydawn
            • 157 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

Thanks this makes me feel better now lol

Originally Posted by welljen 

Hi ladies,

I flew with Air Canada earlier this month and they were very accommodating with my wedding dress. I had my purse and my wedding dress was my other personal item.

They let me lay it flat in one of the overhead compartments in first class, even though we were stuck in 'steerage' :) - my mom had been upgraded to first class, so as a worst case scenario we had already decided that we would have had her take it on as her carry-on item.

There were 2 other brides on the flight and I shared the compartment with one of them, while the other bride hung her dress upright in the closet.

Hope this helps!
              J

#47 zbwedding

zbwedding
              • 156 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

Im getting married in Jamaica in November.  Should you definitely carry-on your wedding dress?  Or is there any good way to safely pack it in your luggage?

#48 redginger

redginger
                • 360 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

You definitely need to carry your wedding dress in a garment bag or pack it in your carry-on luggage (not your checked-in luggage). Also, remember to turn your dress inside out so that it doesn't get dirtied by the TSA handlers at the security checkpoint!

Originally Posted by zbwedding 

Im getting married in Jamaica in November.  Should you definitely carry-on your wedding dress?  Or is there any good way to safely pack it in your luggage?

#49 Charity Poling

Charity Poling
                  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Has anyone traveled with frontier? How accommodating where they?

#50 Charity Poling

Charity Poling
                    • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Has anyone traveled with frontier? How accommodating where they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users