Photo

Creative Guestbook Ideas

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#81 tguerre

tguerre
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

Thanks guys!! it was fun using our engagement photos. We had so many fun ones with my stepdaughter that I wanted to incorporate in the book.

With the Blurb software I did...
    *Layout - Guestbook
    *Theme - Deco
    *Lined pages - plain gray for background, 2 rings decoration, and "Words of Wisdom, Best Wishes, and Personal Notes" in the header
    *Picture pages - layout varied, did love quotes on each page, circles with matching color to lined pages, no decoration, and move some pages to left side

I did the hardcover with image wrap. Wish I had tried the dust jacket or something else because the picture did look a bit dull. I guess that is common with the image wrap cover from what I have read. Oh yeh, my first book the words on the spine were a bit off and wrapped to back of the book. I sent a picture of it to blurb and they printed me another one at no cost. Now, I have 2 books. Yay! I cannot wait to make my BD book next week.
    34 Confirmed flights!!
    1 day til Florida!!
    7 days til the wedding!!

#82 DRod0214

DRod0214
    • 173 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

i like the dry erase board idea. My sister also incoprorated her theme (fall apples) and had everyone write a message on an apple(fake of course). For my beach theme, i want to incoporate shells or starfish.
      Diane

#83 tbriley22

tbriley22
      • 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MegaShay
        I just ordered a signature platter for our guests to sign. I got it Click the image to open in full size.
        I love this! It's so cool that you can use your monogram!

#84 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
        • 1,083 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by megain44
          I have a great idea.... well I think it is, especially because this is what we're planning on doing :)

We're getting married in Tulum, so we're going to get a book on Tulum, kind of like a coffee table book. Then we're going to have guests sign that book... like a yearbook, on the inside cover or any random page. I think it'll be a great coffee table book that will always remind us of our wedding!
          That is a GREAT idea... I may be stealing that; it's perfect!! Thanks so much for sharing.

#85 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
          • 305 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

Great ideas ladies! I LOVE this forum. Now I just need to decide between the platter, postcards or dry erase boards.
            http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
            [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#86 purrfected

purrfected
            • 396 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:39 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by megain44
              I have a great idea.... well I think it is, especially because this is what we're planning on doing :)

We're getting married in Tulum, so we're going to get a book on Tulum, kind of like a coffee table book. Then we're going to have guests sign that book... like a yearbook, on the inside cover or any random page. I think it'll be a great coffee table book that will always remind us of our wedding!
              I love this idea. We can have all the memories of our wedding along with beautiful pics of our destination. Thanks for the great idea!

#87 Gail

Gail
              • 358 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:02 AM

does anyone know what kind of book they post pics of after from dry erase board -just photo book? Any ideas on how to incorp theme as mentioned in doing this. I love the idea. maybe do it at cocktail hr??
                Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#88 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
                • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Gail
                  does anyone know what kind of book they post pics of after from dry erase board -just photo book? Any ideas on how to incorp theme as mentioned in doing this. I love the idea. maybe do it at cocktail hr??
                  I am doing the dry erase board and was just planning on making a photobook with one of those press book services (Blurb, Shutterfly, MyPublisher, etc)

#89 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
                  • 305 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

I am doing the dry erase board, and was thinking of making a scrapbook. I think cocktail hour is the perfect time to do it!
                    http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
                    [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#90 bumbles

bumbles
                    • 574 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Thanks for the dry erase board idea, amyh! It's simple, fun, and the guests can get creative. I'm picking up the boards tomorrow and checking another item off the to-do list!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users