Photo

Creative Guestbook Ideas

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#71 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

We're also doing postcards for our guest book. We got these printed at VistaPrint.

Attached Files

#72 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
    • 516 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

I love all of these ideas. We are debating between the white board idea or the shells that we can put in a bowl in the house. I didn't see an answer to the logistic of how to get all pictures on the same camera. Was someone with their own digital camera in charge of this station or did you leave a camera there? How did it work?

#73 Rhonda

Rhonda
      • 270 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ohiobride15
        I just collected them at the wedding. I had a table set out with them laid out. That way people could pick the one they wanted. Most people wrote well wishes on the back. Some wrote advice. They are really nice.

Ok, I see...I love the idea! And, I told my FI about it and he also thinks its a good idea! Thanks for your help.

#74 marise

marise
        • 179 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

SO many awesome ideas to chose from! I can't decide if I want to do the dry erase boards or post cards! Well I have 7 months to decide...Thanks for all the creative ideas!

#75 misskaytee

misskaytee
          • 154 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:05 AM

this is a variation on the picture frame idea: take one of those calendars that have a custom pic for each month, and either insert engagement pictures in there or leave them blank for wedding pictures and have guests sign on a calendar page. This way your first year you can see all of these warm fuzzies, and you can also mark special things you and your new hubby did the 1st year you were married :)
            http://www.weddingco...r/6q70cliba.png

Our Website (updates on our wedding, the house we just bought, and more!) http://www.freewebs.com/kayteeandcj/
            Wedding Website:http://weddings.thek....rd=&MsdVisit=1

#76 trayce2222

trayce2222
            • 221 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

We are doing something a little different. My mother is making a Guest Quilt! She has purchased all the material (in our wedding colors) and made the quilt squares. She is giving each person a square...even the children attending, a certain type of fabric pen, a piece of sandpaper (I guess you need this to lay the fabric over the sandpaper so the fabric stays in place while they write) and putting it all in a colored envelope with an instruction card and details (oversized post card from Vista Print). We are putting these in all the OOT bags so the guests can fill them out in their rooms without feeling rushed and then they will bring the completed squares (messages,advice, wishes, etc) to the reception where there will be a basket for them to put them in. My mother will take all the squares and make us a wonderful quilt....she said the messages will be on the back side of the quilt so that we can use it to put on the foot of our bed for decoration and also to look at the messages whenever we wanted. I am so excited about this because it is different and something we can use and remember our wedding every day!!! I will def post pics when we get the completed product!

#77 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
              • 712 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:17 PM

I wanted to do some kinda calender. Guest could write quotes on their wedding anniversaries, birthday holidays etc. Since our wedding is in November our entire first year of marriage will be filled with well wishes from family and friends. I just have to find the right calendar.

#78 tguerre

tguerre
                • 78 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

I know this isn't probably all that creative, but we made our guestbook on blurb with our engagement photos. We are going to leave it out in the beach house we rented for our guests to write words of wisdom, best wishes, and personal notes. We made sure to have at least one page of each of us at different ages. I am also using Blurb for my BD photo book. Can't wait to get the pics back on the 20th.

Click the image to open in full size.

34 Confirmed flights!!
                  1 day til Florida!!
                  7 days til the wedding!!

#79 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                  • 712 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

Tguerre
                    Thats a good Idea I just checked out the website and I may do that for my BD book. Thanks for the info.

#80 Kits55

Kits55
                    • 607 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
                    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by tguerre
                    I know this isn't probably all that creative, but we made our guestbook on blurb with our engagement photos. We are going to leave it out in the beach house we rented for our guests to write words of wisdom, best wishes, and personal notes. We made sure to have at least one page of each of us at different ages. I am also using Blurb for my BD photo book. Can't wait to get the pics back on the 20th.

I love your book! Great job! What template did you use? I trying to make one for our guestbook and chose the guestbook template but didn't like any of the choices available, although it did only give me three.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users