Photo

Creative Guestbook Ideas

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#111 BBtoB

BBtoB
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

I love the idea of finding a coffee table book on the Riviera Maya and having everyone sign like a yearbook! Great idea!That is so cool! Now if I can only find a book! I did a search and only find travel books...hmmm, any suggestions?

Thanks!

#112 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:10 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE marker board idea!! that is a fabulous idea! I love it! And stealing it!!!!

#113 alkoch

alkoch
      • 515 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

If anyone is looking for a cheap plate for a guestbook there is one on sale at oriental trading! Here's the link:

Autograph Plate

#114 KathleenandDan

KathleenandDan
        • 245 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

That have something similiar at Target but as a palm tree on it. Can only order online.
          http://tickers.Ticke....da94/event.png

http://www.tickerclu.../808245ee9d.png 18 booked and us makes 20!!!! JULY 17, 2009 Kathleen and Dan

#115 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
          • 5,521 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

Question I love love love the marker board idea.. However Im concerned that in the pictures the flash will blur out the writing etc? Has anyone had issues where they cant see their writing on the marker boards in the photo?

#116 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
            • 165 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

I love all the ideas you ladies have!
              Just to share, we're getting fancy rocks and permanent markers for everyone to sign/write a message. When we get to Playa del Carmen, I'm going to go out and find a long straight vase that I like, for everyone to put these rocks in. That way, we figure, it'll be cheap and fit into our home decor.

#117 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
              • 612 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

I have read the comment about Blurb and I plan on using it to make our own guestbook, but I want to have pictures of Puerto Vallarta on the pages and make it like a coffee table book (like someone else mentioned on here)

Does anyone know where to download high res photos? (preferably very cheap!)
                I found this one website but it was $7 to download two photos.
                ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#118 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mexicana bride
                  I love all the ideas you ladies have!
                  Just to share, we're getting fancy rocks and permanent markers for everyone to sign/write a message. When we get to Playa del Carmen, I'm going to go out and find a long straight vase that I like, for everyone to put these rocks in. That way, we figure, it'll be cheap and fit into our home decor.
                  OMG that's such a great idea! I wish I would have thought of that!

This is what we are doing:
                  Modern Guest Book Cards

Of course it'll be a little different, but that's the general idea.

#119 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
                  • 512 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

We didn't actually have a guestbook for our destination wedding ... and now that I think of it ... we probably should have! LOL

But our AHR is coming up next weekend, August 1st, and we'll be having one then and we've decided to go with a wipe board/digital photo guestbook. So, I've made up a sign that will instruct the guests to write a message of 5 words or less, then ask another guest to take their photo, holding up the board! Hopefully it will work ... I'll be sure to post pics and let you girls know how it all turns out.

I absolutely LOVE the fancy rocks idea ... so original!!!!

#120 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

[/QUOTE] This is what we are doing:
                      Modern Guest Book Cards

Of course it'll be a little different, but that's the general idea.[/QUOTE]

Lisa, I really like that idea. Then when you get home you can put the cards in a scrapbook or album or something. Hadn't thought about having a guestbook, but I may have to do something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users