Creative Guestbook Ideas

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#91 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:34 PM

I just got the Modern Bride Magazine and there's an ad for these plates with engraving pens where ppl can actually engrave their names into the plate at the wedding. I thought that was neat and worth looking into.

#92 jmb0902

• 496 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by MegaShay
      I just ordered a signature platter for our guests to sign. I got it Click the image to open in full size.
      Megan - I absolutely love it! I went to the web site, but there are no prices! What size is yours and what did they quote you? Thanks girl!

#93 MsZ

• 410 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

I LOVE the idea of the dry erase board pictures and I love Megan's idea of the platter- that is truly something I have never seen before! Very creative and fun at the same time!

#94 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

Lol Megan I'm soo late. I always assumed that ppl were signing the plates with a marker or something. I didn't realize that they were using an engraving pen (I actually didn't even know they existed). Thanks for the website link.

#95 Latinhunny33

• 72 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I saw someone use pieces (bigger pieces) of a jigsaw puzzle. People would write their well wishes & then the Bride & Groom would put the puzzle together/frame it.
            Thought it was pretty cool.

#96 kayr

• 149 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

There are some fantastic ideas here - especially love the jigsaw idea but not quite sure how it would work or where you would get it from?? xx

#97 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
              • 2,782 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

What seems to be popular:
                1. big photo with white boarders. Guest just write their wishes on it.
                2. Small 7x7 10-20 page album with either fade out images or sometimes with an image on one side and a blank page on the othe other.

#98 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:29 AM

WOW! I have no idea which way to go with this guestbook!
                  There are so many great ideas!
                  Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                  Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#99 destination

• 215 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

I'm going with the engravable platter for DW and not sure about AHR since there will be 275+ guests there. I like the dry-erase boards, but think it may get too chaotic with that many people and too boring for only about 25 at DW.

#100 Kits55

• 607 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
                    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:20 PM

Creative guestbook post—put wording into attachment for others to download

I decided to do a combination of ideas. TowniePrincess helped me out A TON. She had a list of questions that she so generously sent to me.

I LOVED the idea of having a photo book of pictures from the Riviera Maya region but then I thought depending on how colorful or dark the pictures are that even a black sharpie might not show up. I was going to wait and buy the book in Mexico. Then I wondered what I would do if the book was a really heavy one since we had to pay an overweight fee on the way down. Instead I used our Save the Date and engagement session pictures as the background, one on each page. I faded them out in Photoshop and then used text to put different questions on each page. Our guests then answered the questions (they ranged from fun to serious) and they chose how many to answer. Some people wrote on only a couple pages but others wrote on more. I am a horrible photographer but pictures of how it turned out are below. I used Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

We purchased 3 mini Sharpies. I chose fuchsia and black Sharpies because those were two of our wedding colors. Both show up very well on the faded out pictures. We bought the Sharpies at Michaels for $1 each. I also saw some at Bed, Bath, and Beyond by the register tonight.

The attachment is what I had printed as our cover page for the guestbook explaining to guests what we wanted them to do.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users