Quote:
Originally Posted by lolkitteh View Post
I am doing the dry erase board and was just planning on making a photobook with one of those press book services (Blurb, Shutterfly, MyPublisher, etc)

This is what I am doing as well. I will do this at my showers and at my AHR-then incorporate all of the pics into a photo book. I can't wait!

Wow there are so many great ideas on here! I love them all!

There is a thread on here called "Great Free Templates" (i think)....and there is a guestbook page that someone has created on Word. if you download it, you're able to format the boxes the way you want....there's also a box to place a photo. This is the idea I'm going with, as it's a pretty simple DIY project!

We ended up using blackboards, instead of dry erase boards, which were really cute. Everyone loved them and thought that they were such a fun idea. Just one issue - we put out disposable cameras to use and the pictures came out pretty bad. Very grainy and unclear. I have no idea why because we bought Kodak cameras with flashes, but I guess once you get used to the great pics on digital HD cameras, then disposables just don't cut it anymore!

I tried to attach a pic. Hope it works!

Blackboard Photo.doc

I'm going to design post cards that everyone will have at their place setting.

I'd like them to be mailed from Punta Cana so we get them some time after we return back home. Depending on the mail system there I may just have my cousin mail them all to me from Canada, a few each day. I'd love to receive them a bit after we return and remember how wonderful everything was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virg View Post
I got mine!!
I am doing seashells! Everyone takes 2 shells, on one they right their thoughts about the day, and on the second a prediction! We will be putting them in a Hurricane vase when we return!
I will post pictures after the wedding, 20 days baby!!!!!!
What a great idea. Where did you get the shells?

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunandsand View Post
Hey ladies, I was looking at these ideas and came up with a similar one. I'm going to have a photo book done at Blurb.com and have people sign it like a yearbook at the AHR.
We're getting a professional book done in the Dominican but I can't trust that someone's not going to ruin it by writing over our photos etc., so I checked out blurb and you can get a book with 40 pages for under $30. Including shipping it would be around $40 and at least it's something you can leave out on the coffee table.
We'll include some wedding photos as well as photos of us when we were younger, dating, etc.
What a great site. Thank you for the post. i will use this site for my guest book as well as my BD Book.

My idea is similar to the white board idea. I saw someone else do it. You can use mini chalk boards and have people write messages with chalk. I am a teacher so I love the idea of chalkboards!

Other ideas:

A branch in a vase where people hang wishes for the bride and groom

A photo book guest book- where you use polaroid cameras or a photo booth that makes double prints (one for you and one for the guests) to take pictures of all of the guests and then they write a comment

The picture with a mat around that people sign

A glass object that means something to you that people say or a ceramic object.

I love the postcard idea too, so you can get mail when you get home.