Photo

MY DIY Veil

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:18 PM

Your veil looks great!! I love the ribbon detail and the crystals.

I'm also going to try to make my own. I bought the fabric, but don't have the time yet....maybe after I mail my invites.
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#22 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

Ann - why don't you try buying a cheap veil even and then adding the crystals/embellishments later? I can't belive how much the bridal stores raise up the prices for a $6 package of Swvarski crystals. It's insane!!! I got the ribbon at Micheals too. i can't remember anymore I bought alot of different stuff but majority form micheals and fabric land. Michaels had veils but they weren't flexible/flowy I found.

Jilly- I didn't have a pattern/instructions. Sorry Hun. But i can help you out as much as I can :) It really was not hard what so ever!!!! I SWEAR I'm no expert sewer either. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Now I just hope it goes with my dress... which I'm sure it will.

#23 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • LocationUtah

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

OK here are some pictures of me in the veil.... not in my sweat pants.
    And a pic of the comb atached to the veil.

Click the image to open in full size.

#24 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

wow - nice work! i am really going to try to mimic that veil i liked - w/the silver trim and pearls on the trim. i am going to go to the craft store and see what they have.

oh, and i ran across this in my hunt - it looks pretty helpful Making a Veil

#25 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:37 PM

Wow, that's incredible. I don't think I could ever pull that off - I am horrible at sewing. Unless your guests know that you're making it, I bet they wouldn't be able to guess. If you don't mind my asking - how much did you end up saving by making it?
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#26 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • LocationUtah

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:15 PM

HMM well my trip to Micheals was a costly one. I always go there and walk out with a million things. It's horrible. Here's the costing

Thread: had at home would be aprox $5??
        Combs: pack of 4 $7
        Crytals: $14 ($7 each pack and I only used one pack)
        Fabric under $10 uh huh that's right

My time: priceless!

#27 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
        • 631 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:30 PM

i love that...are u taking orders Just kidding...

#28 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

Sherri, I was just gonna ask the same think, lol!! I'm such a horrible sewer!

Melissa you should be proud of your veil, you did a great job, great price, and I'm sure its going to look gorgeous with your dress!

#29 EDYTA

EDYTA
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:31 AM

Melissa it looks awesome, just like any other veil that you would find in the store...btw you look very beautiful wearing it

#30 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

looks awesome...how much did it cost you to make?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users