Sign in to follow this  
*Casey*

NYC Engagement Photog???

Hi there, ladies!

So it's time to get some engagement pics taken, and I am totally lost. I'm currently living in New York City, and I have been searching and searching websites for the past week. I'm so afraid that i'll choose someone because their website looks good, and not know if the photographer is actually good. So I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for those of you who live in the area or know of someone. I will take any and all names I can get :)

Thanks!

I was researching this exact thing a couple of weeks ago...I found one photographer that I thought looked REALLY good, but his prices were a bit too high for me. Here's his website:

Brian Dorsey Studios

The one we ended up going with is this guy. I think he'll still do a really good job, and he is going to work with us for 2.5 hours for half of the price of the first guy (who only does one hour).

We didn't look into it all that deeply because we weren't planning on doing e-pics, but decided that since we were going to NYC next weekend anyway, it might be fun to try it out and see if anything good comes out as a result. Plus it's practice for the big day, since neither of us have really had pics taken before. But if you really want your pics to be amazing and you want to be SURE they're amazing, you're probably willing to pay more than I am!

Also note that we were focusing on photographers that do artistic/unique shots and not your typical posed ones, so if that's your thing you might want to check out some other people.

Hope that helped a little?

Thank you so much, Heather! I absolutely love Brian Dorsey, so I'm waiting to hear back about prices. Hopefully my eyes won't pop out when I get the quote....

No problem! I just got his prices 2 weeks ago or so, so if you want me to send you the info, just PM with your email and I can forward it on!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics