Photo

Packing the wedding dress

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Smooth_J

Smooth_J
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

We are going to the Philippines, and I was wondering the best way my fiancee can pack up her wedding dress? I don't think it will fit "nicely" in a garment bad - lol. Any ideas?

#2 flygirl

flygirl
    • 263 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

My seamstress recommended to stuff it to the gills with white tissue paper, so it's filled out like someone is in it and then to put it in the garment bag or try to fold it over and put it in it's own duffel bag. The tissue paper should keep it from wrinkling too bad and help maintain it's shape.

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

Has your FI picked up her dress yet? If so, the dress should already be stuffed with tissue paper. You just carry it just as it is. Mine was in a garment bag & stuffed. There really isn't a "nice" way to handle it or carry it. On the plane it was hung up in the first class closet. When I got it to the hotel, it was fine and didn't need any pressing or steaming!

#4 Smooth_J

Smooth_J
        • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
          Has your FI picked up her dress yet? If so, the dress should already be stuffed with tissue paper. You just carry it just as it is. Mine was in a garment bag & stuffed. There really isn't a "nice" way to handle it or carry it. On the plane it was hung up in the first class closet. When I got it to the hotel, it was fine and didn't need any pressing or steaming!
          Oh, ok - cool:)

Will do that - thank you for the advice!

#5 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
          • 672 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

Have her ask the Bridal salon as they will give her a garment bag that the dress will fit in and they will stuff each layer with tissue to keep it from getting squished. What a cute FI you are to inquire for her :) She's lucky!

#6 Smooth_J

Smooth_J
            • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kerryjbrown
              Have her ask the Bridal salon as they will give her a garment bag that the dress will fit in and they will stuff each layer with tissue to keep it from getting squished. What a cute FI you are to inquire for her :) She's lucky!
              I just want to be involved in all parts of the wedding, from start to finish.

Hehe, its our wedding, so I figured - why not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users