Sign in to follow this  
kathryn

Planning my "real" wedding

Hi Everyone!

I just got married at city hall over the weekend and had a small dinner reception at a local Italian place. Ideally this was not the way I want it to be... SO, we are planning a destination wedding for just close family and friends. We are saving now to buy a home or townhome. The plan is to move in about a year. While all of this is happening, I would like to begin making plans for the "real" wedding in Jamaica.

I guess it really is not a wedding, more like renewing our vows. But I wanted to get all dolled up and get the dress, take beautiful pics, etc.

I have been to the RIU Ocho Rios before and liked it. However, I was not in the "marriage" frame of mind and did not even think about looking at the wedding gazebo, etc.

This forum looks so helpful, so I look forward to finding out all the ins and outs of planning a destination wedding.

Thanks!!

Kathryn

Welcome and congrats. This website is amazing with all the information it has. I am a Jamaica bride at the Riu Oct 2009. Happy planning!!!

your story sounds similar to mine. we also will have been married for a while before our "wedding". but who cares! we can still throw a great party. :)

welcome... there is so much helpful information here! :)