Jump to content

Photo

Paying for Reception at Dreams


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

    Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

    idk what they would have given...it didn't work out b/c of the id.
    for all of you dreams girls, i have a contract that i emailed to gaby about 3 weeks prior to the wedding, just w/ an outline of expectations and the costs involved. someone (maybe from here, maybe the pv message board) sent it to me. if and when you need it, pm me.

    #22 Thomasjsgirl

    Thomasjsgirl
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,098 posts

      Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

      I inquired about having our reception in one of the restaurants and was told it's not possible because my group is too large (44 people). I feel like we're being forced to have a private reception, and pay extra for the food. And here's the kicker -- if you're not near one of the bars, you will have to pay extra for the liquor too! It definitely makes you feel ripped off.
      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:
      http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

      #23 k_8ie

      k_8ie
      • Newbie
      • 41 posts

        Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by *lauren*
        idk what they would have given...it didn't work out b/c of the id.
        for all of you dreams girls, i have a contract that i emailed to gaby about 3 weeks prior to the wedding, just w/ an outline of expectations and the costs involved. someone (maybe from here, maybe the pv message board) sent it to me. if and when you need it, pm me.
        oooooo can I have one?

        #24 1elephant

        1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

          Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl
          I inquired about having our reception in one of the restaurants and was told it's not possible because my group is too large (44 people). I feel like we're being forced to have a private reception, and pay extra for the food. And here's the kicker -- if you're not near one of the bars, you will have to pay extra for the liquor too! It definitely makes you feel ripped off.
          again, i can't speak for anywhere other than pv, and things could have changed in 6 months, but we didn't have to pay for liquor. that's pushing it a bit far. you're mostly paying for the staff. it does take quite a few people to set up the ceremony, and the reception. we had 2 bartenders and at least 2 waiters. it is different food as well. while i agree that it is a large amount of money for staff, you should keep in mind that you are 44 people, and to accomodate that many people in one restaurant would essentially be kicking other paying dreams customers out. they'll tell you that they can't accomodate large parties b/c they don't take reservations and they don't take reservations because they can't accomodate large parties. put yourself on the other end - if you were at an AI, and in the middle of dinner when a huge party came in and surrounded you, what would you think? we were a group of 20 one night, and they couldn't even seat us in the same section. we had 3 tables in different areas of the restaurant. believe me, i felt the same as you, but once i saw how they operate, i understood. (sorry if that came off bitchy, i don't mean it to - really!)

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by k_8ie
          oooooo can I have one?
          sure, pm me your email address

          #25 Thomasjsgirl

          Thomasjsgirl
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,098 posts

            Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

            I'm perfectly happy to pay for a private area and extra waitstaff -- that's only fair. What rubs me the wrong way is the extra $ for food and booze. If you have a smaller wedding party that can be accomodated in a restaurant, you still have to pick from a set menu, so I don't really see how they can use that as a reason to doublecharge for a private reception. The same goes for a bar -- paying for set-up and a bartender (or two) is reasonable. But charging us per drink too? I still think it's double dipping. I haven't had any serious conversations with them about the reception yet, so I guess we'll see what the outcome is soon enough.
            Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
            Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
            http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
            Leftover Wedding Items FS:
            http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

            #26 1elephant

            1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

              Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl
              I'm perfectly happy to pay for a private area and extra waitstaff -- that's only fair. What rubs me the wrong way is the extra $ for food and booze. If you have a smaller wedding party that can be accomodated in a restaurant, you still have to pick from a set menu, so I don't really see how they can use that as a reason to doublecharge for a private reception. The same goes for a bar -- paying for set-up and a bartender (or two) is reasonable. But charging us per drink too? I still think it's double dipping. I haven't had any serious conversations with them about the reception yet, so I guess we'll see what the outcome is soon enough.
              i just posted about this elsewhere - has dreams changed their policy w/in the last 6 months about alcohol? did they send you something that states private receptions require you to pay by the drink? only b/c we didn't have to, and i certainly would not have. i thought the dreams cancun girls were having the wool pulled over their eyes, but if it's in punta cana too....?
              our dinner choices were completely different than anything they had in any of the restaurants, so ours was different food. i don't know what they're offering you for dinner tho...

              #27 LadyCheese

              LadyCheese
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,830 posts

                Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl
                I'm perfectly happy to pay for a private area and extra waitstaff -- that's only fair. What rubs me the wrong way is the extra $ for food and booze. If you have a smaller wedding party that can be accomodated in a restaurant, you still have to pick from a set menu, so I don't really see how they can use that as a reason to doublecharge for a private reception. The same goes for a bar -- paying for set-up and a bartender (or two) is reasonable. But charging us per drink too? I still think it's double dipping. I haven't had any serious conversations with them about the reception yet, so I guess we'll see what the outcome is soon enough.
                Did they tell you that you had to pay extra for drinks? I was never told that and I too am having a private reception...some of the girls that were wed at Dreams PC also did not have to pay for the liquor...what they do is set up a small "bar" area with different types of liquor and thats all included in the price you pay for the meal.

                #28 k_8ie

                k_8ie
                • Newbie
                • 41 posts

                  Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

                  Anyone try to waive the 300$ beach fee?

                  #29 ariday333

                  ariday333
                  • Newbie
                  • 12 posts

                    Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

                    Well originally i had selected the gazebo but then decided to change it to the beach and Lissette stated i need to pay an additional $300, but according to the website if you're doing the ultimate package it's included and she stated no that it is additional. So the next day i called again and spoke to someone else and she stated that Lissette was wrong that it was included.

                    #30 mrslbs

                    mrslbs
                    • Newbie
                    • 26 posts

                      Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl
                      I inquired about having our reception in one of the restaurants and was told it's not possible because my group is too large (44 people). I feel like we're being forced to have a private reception, and pay extra for the food. And here's the kicker -- if you're not near one of the bars, you will have to pay extra for the liquor too! It definitely makes you feel ripped off.

                      Thomasjsgirl - Can you please tell me where you found your logo with the palm trees? I cannot find anything I like as much as yours...Thanks!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users