Paying for Reception at Dreams

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is annoying to have to pay extra for an all inclusive but their reasoning is that it takes extra time and staff to set up the reception/dinner and because of that you have to pay extra! At least it can still be cheaper than having a traditional wedding in the states!!!!

some hotels give you a free reception with a certain number of guests or allow you to have a semi-private dinner in one of the hotel restuarants.

we had few enough guests that we just had a dinner in a hotel restaurant. it worked out great.

I had this issue with Dreams Cancun and the response I got was it was a diff menu and it took extra waiters and set up etc i personally think its a rip off considering what they will pay the staff but its one of the things you have to suck up if you want to go there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
I had this issue with Dreams Cancun and the response I got was it was a diff menu and it took extra waiters and set up etc i personally think its a rip off considering what they will pay the staff but its one of the things you have to suck up if you want to go there
yeah, a few people have said it's the same food on the normal menu. I would prefer getting charged a room rental fee or a waitstaff fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
yeah, a few people have said it's the same food on the normal menu. I would prefer getting charged a room rental fee or a waitstaff fee.
Totally agree lol I've told my lot to get as much drink down their neck as they can because we've bloody paid 2x for it lol no doubt my inlaws will take full advantage!!! gives.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
I can understand everyone's feeling about havign to pay more-but think about it...the staff has to devote time just to your group. Also-depending on your package at Dreams you can get 20 people including in the package
Yeah but the point is you are still paying for it x2 and if you don't have 20 people it is well over the top. I've got no problem paying for extra staff etc but I do have a problem paying for something we have ALL already paid for lol

i've had to explain to the guests that they are NOT paying for their own food at the wedding!

This is exactly my point HartyT (BTW....LOVE your Avitar)

I will try to negotiate....I simply refuse to pay for food and drink at an all inclusive. Of course paying for extra set up and waiters is understandable.

Another beef, is that the basic wedding package comes complimentary if you have more than 10 guests or staying in honeymoon suite for 7 days. But the packages that include more, don't seem to take into consideration the first. For example the first package is 795, the second 1500. Shouldn't the second one be 1500 minus the complimentary portion? Meaning you only pay for the extras?

Is it me or this doesn't make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_8ie View Post
This is exactly my point HartyT (BTW....LOVE your Avitar)

I will try to negotiate....I simply refuse to pay for food and drink at an all inclusive. Of course paying for extra set up and waiters is understandable.

Another beef, is that the basic wedding package comes complimentary if you have more than 10 guests or staying in honeymoon suite for 7 days. But the packages that include more, don't seem to take into consideration the first. For example the first package is 795, the second 1500. Shouldn't the second one be 1500 minus the complimentary portion? Meaning you only pay for the extras?

Is it me or this doesn't make sense?

Yeah I know what you mean but I tried arguing about paying for the food but it was a no go - and yes I also know what you mean about the complimentary portion but again that isn't deducted and don't forget none of the packages include your legal fees, ie blood tests, translation of certificates, legalisation etc thats about another $600 for us