Photo

St Thomas brides

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 stthomasbride

stthomasbride
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

Hi everyone! I am Ashley and new here, I just posted on the newbie board but thought I would say hi here too! I am planning on getting married in St Thomas Sept 2 2009. We are coming in via cruise ship and I am currently looking at a sailboat wedding.

#2 futureeilen

futureeilen
    • 63 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

Congrats Ashley! Great to see another St Thomas bride around here. A sailboat wedding sounds fabulous!
      Anaiah

#3 Yvette

Yvette
      • 510 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:56 PM

Yay another USVI bride! Congrats &

#4 IslandLover

IslandLover
        • 96 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:21 AM

Welcome to the forums!!
          IslandLover

#5 MissE

MissE
          • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hi Ashley! I'm hoping to be a St Thomas Bride, if I can find a venue! My Fiance decided he didn't want a beach wedding (sad). I don't know what to do now!
            God Bless!

MissE

#6 sherri

sherri
            • 73 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

stthomasbride! Glad you found the forum and hope we all can be of help to you! The sailboat wedding sounds awesome!
              Congrats to you!
              http://farm3.static.....8a8dc807_m.jpg

www.weddingstheislandway.com
              www.mclaughlinanderson.com
              Stone Cottage and Rockworks VillasSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

#7 Carolyn

Carolyn
              • 1,235 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

Welcome to the forum. Have fun planning.

#8 futureeilen

futureeilen
                • 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

MissE - I know Marriott Frenchman's Reef in St Thomas has a gazebo for weddings. Frenchman's Reef St. Thomas
                  In the last row, both "St Thomas Wedding" and "Wedding Gazebo" show it.

Looks like the Wyndham has a gazebo, too (I haven't seen this one in person, though!) - Wyndham Sugar Bay - #18 in their pictures.

Also check out Saint Peter Great House and Botanical Gardens - it's GORGEOUS. Lots of tropical plants and a fantastic view. here is the website: Saint Peter Great House

Good luck! My future in-laws live on St Thomas, so let me know if you have questions on other venues - they might know!
                  Anaiah

#9 MissE

MissE
                  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

Thank you SO MUCH Anaiah! Frenchman's Reef was gorgeous, just wasn't sure if it would be tacky to have wedding there and the reception at Mafolie's (small restaurant we like). Marriott reception food prices are crazy expensive. Do you think that would be tacky?

We LOVE St Peter's greathouse but we don't have enough people to have the reception there. We are considering it for just the ceremony though. Thank you so much!!
                    Will your wedding and reception be at your in laws'?
                    God Bless!

MissE

#10 futureeilen

futureeilen
                    • 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:26 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MissE
                      Thank you SO MUCH Anaiah! Frenchman's Reef was gorgeous, just wasn't sure if it would be tacky to have wedding there and the reception at Mafolie's (small restaurant we like). Marriott reception food prices are crazy expensive. Do you think that would be tacky?

We LOVE St Peter's greathouse but we don't have enough people to have the reception there. We are considering it for just the ceremony though. Thank you so much!!
                      Will your wedding and reception be at your in laws'?
                      Glad I could help MissE!

I don't think it would be tacky at all - a smaller venue for dinner would be really nice. The ceremonies I've walked past at the Marriott were beautiful, but it seemed like the receptions were still in a banquet hall-type room. I've heard that the Marriott is quite expensive for receptions, too! Would your guests be staying there? Just keep in mind that group transportation to/from can be expensive...I was quoted at $28pp round-trip from one company... (our guests are staying at the Marriott)

I've heard such great things about Mafolie's restaurant (and my FI worked the pool bar for a summer a few years ago - he loved it!). Is there enough room at the restaurant to have your ceremony there, too? Or maybe at Blackbeard's and then go to Mafolie's? It would be so close!

One of our favorite restaurants is Agave Terrace - have you been there? It would be a beautiful reception location as well.

Yes, we are having our wedding at my in-law's house. They live on Skyline Drive, just past the observation "deck" with the vendors (very close to Mafolie's!). Such a great view!

I'll be down there the 2nd week of September if you'd like me to check anything out (or if anyone else needs anything!). :)
                      Anaiah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users