Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nicoleandscott

sheraton hacienda del mar brides (former/current)

Recommended Posts

hey there!

 

well, i feel like i haven't found too much about the sheraton (recently) on the posts! i've rummaged through older posts, but i wanted to talk with current and even former brides about the sheraton in cabo!

  • one of the contacts at the sheraton offered us a beach bonfire during/after (?) our reception. did anyone else do this? if so, how did it work out?
  • if you had your ceremony/reception at the palapa location...how did you like it? was the reception okay in the grassy area?
  • what were the best/most cost effective restaurants at the sheraton?

if you have any other information or topics to discuss, then feel free! i just want to talk with other sheraton brides! i've seen a lot RIU and Dreams threads, so here's one for us! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was married at the Sheraton but I was married on the beach next to DeCortez, and our dinner was at DeCortez.

 

Jessalyn was married at the Sheraton as well and had her ceremony at the palapa, she is on vacation right now but should be back on Monday (I think) I'm sure she can answer those questions for you.

 

Feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer your questions. Oh and I tested all the restaurants at the Sheraton and I personally liked DeCortez the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been talking to Vivana there about pricing, etc. I am in love with the Sheraton! I think we may book there soon. I didn't know about the bon-fire idea. I love that!

 

I have searched for more information, but haven't seen much. Thanks for posting this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there! I'm getting marrried at the Sheraton on 6/27/09! So even though I may not have all the information you're looking for, hopefully some of it will be helpful. Viviana is very prompt in responding to emails. She was pretty accommodating when we asked to make some changes to the contract. After our contract was signed, she turned me over to Marco Reza in the Convention/Services department. I guess he'll be our contact at this point for reservations, set up, etc.

 

We decided to rent a villa nearby to stay for the week, host a welcome BBQ (stock up at nearby Costco), and then to have the reception. The ceremony will be on the beach at the Sheraton and then our guests will be going over to the villa, which is in the same community. We found that this gave us more flexibility with our menu, but the biggest factor was mostly to limit our alcohol costs! But since there's more coordinating involved with the reception set-up, we are working with a coordinator.

 

Anyways, if you'd like to ask me anything else about my experience so far, feel free to PM me. I'll be more than happy to share! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting married at the Sheraton HDM Nov. 29, 2008! Our ceremony will be on the beach and the reception will be at the Palapa. The pictures I've seen of previous weddings there look great.

Our wedding planner is Gaby at Baja Wedding and she too just emailed me about the bonfire thing. I don't know much about it, so if anyone has done it...please share your thoughts!

Also I'm looking for a photographer( I didn't like the one Sheraton recommends), so if anyone has any tips that would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, has anyone noticed that the "special" rate we get for room blocks is not that special? Some guests have found the same prices and some even a little cheaper online! If my guests book online, it doesn't count toward the 10 rooms I'm required to book!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by franeve View Post
I'm getting married at the Sheraton HDM Nov. 29, 2008! Our ceremony will be on the beach and the reception will be at the Palapa. The pictures I've seen of previous weddings there look great.
Our wedding planner is Gaby at Baja Wedding and she too just emailed me about the bonfire thing. I don't know much about it, so if anyone has done it...please share your thoughts!
Also I'm looking for a photographer( I didn't like the one Sheraton recommends), so if anyone has any tips that would be great!
my WP is looking into the bonfire thing, so i'll keep you posted! my fiance and i LOVE that idea....he proposed next to a fire...haha

our WP helped us hired Gilda Badillo for photography. i love what i see on her website, and i've seen good reviews on the threads! here's her site link....http://gildaphoto.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by franeve View Post
BTW, has anyone noticed that the "special" rate we get for room blocks is not that special? Some guests have found the same prices and some even a little cheaper online! If my guests book online, it doesn't count toward the 10 rooms I'm required to book!!
yes, we noticed after we committed to the 10 rooms! we're just hoping our guests just go with the flow and pick our rates....otherwise we'll have some empty rooms to pay for! smile27.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTorrence View Post
Hey there! I'm getting marrried at the Sheraton on 6/27/09! So even though I may not have all the information you're looking for, hopefully some of it will be helpful. Viviana is very prompt in responding to emails. She was pretty accommodating when we asked to make some changes to the contract. After our contract was signed, she turned me over to Marco Reza in the Convention/Services department. I guess he'll be our contact at this point for reservations, set up, etc.

We decided to rent a villa nearby to stay for the week, host a welcome BBQ (stock up at nearby Costco), and then to have the reception. The ceremony will be on the beach at the Sheraton and then our guests will be going over to the villa, which is in the same community. We found that this gave us more flexibility with our menu, but the biggest factor was mostly to limit our alcohol costs! But since there's more coordinating involved with the reception set-up, we are working with a coordinator.

Anyways, if you'd like to ask me anything else about my experience so far, feel free to PM me. I'll be more than happy to share! Good luck!
i love the villa idea! wish we had thought of that! haha :)

just how close is the costco? i definitely need to make a stop there ASAP when we arrive! do they have a sam's?? we don't have a costco membership...

everyone at the sheraton has been lovely to work with so far. we also have a coordinator which helped in setting up the contract. good luck to you, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×