The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Hi everyone,

So I´m down at dreams right now... I´m online because it´s raining out... it´s been raining for the past 4 days and it doesn´t look like it´s going to let up. Just so sad, the only thing I didn´t want to happen was RAIN and it´s like a hurricane out, it´s so depressing.

Our room is great, the resort is great, the food is great, the drinks are cold. Aurora is so nice. Natalia is too busy for us, was late to our first meeting and never showed up to our "payment" meeting. There are too many weddings going on here at the same time, brides are crying because of the weather, it´s so gross out, I hope to dear gosh it doesn´t rain come Friday, but it most likely will.

I didn´t realize they make you pay $150 fee for set up PLUS $3 per person ($134 total for 35 people) for set up as well when you are still paying a lot for the ultimate package, so the bill is just racking up when it´s not a "dream destination wedding", it´s more like having a wedding in a convention center in New York State while it´s raining out.

Eh, sorry to complaing... just a bit depressed about this.... I will write a review upon my return in a couple of days. Cross your fingers the weather clears up pleease!!! sad.gif

Wow that doesn't sound good AchiCap0547... i'm sorry! :) thats probably the second or third bad review i've heard since i've been reading this forum. the weather could change instantly, just try and stay positive and focus on why your there. thats still super unfortunate though. sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
Hi everyone,
So I´m down at dreams right now... I´m online because it´s raining out... it´s been raining for the past 4 days and it doesn´t look like it´s going to let up. Just so sad, the only thing I didn´t want to happen was RAIN and it´s like a hurricane out, it´s so depressing.
Our room is great, the resort is great, the food is great, the drinks are cold. Aurora is so nice. Natalia is too busy for us, was late to our first meeting and never showed up to our "payment" meeting. There are too many weddings going on here at the same time, brides are crying because of the weather, it´s so gross out, I hope to dear gosh it doesn´t rain come Friday, but it most likely will.
I didn´t realize they make you pay $150 fee for set up PLUS $3 per person ($134 total for 35 people) for set up as well when you are still paying a lot for the ultimate package, so the bill is just racking up when it´s not a "dream destination wedding", it´s more like having a wedding in a convention center in New York State while it´s raining out.
Eh, sorry to complaing... just a bit depressed about this.... I will write a review upon my return in a couple of days. Cross your fingers the weather clears up pleease!!! sad.gif
BUMMER!!!smile117.gif Im so sorry things are not going as you expected.
I have everything crossed for you for Friday, im sure it will be a wonderful day no matter what the heavens may bring.

With regards to the extra set up costs, are you having an excessive amount of complicated decor that might justify the set up fee's? If not I would ask Aurora to double check her facts with Natalia. Im pretty sure she's wrong about the set up costs. We had the Ultimate package on 26th March and paid the $3 per person set up fee but definately did not pay the additional $150 set up fee.
I still have the original invoice, I will try to copy it and email it to you if you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Alright ladies, it's here!!!!! As previously discussed last month, I have gathered tons of usefull information from our old thread and started this new one with all the most useful information and frequently asked questions in the first few posts.

I worked really hard on this but there are still a few blanks that need to be filled in. I will update this regularly!

INTRODUCTION

This thread replaces our old thread Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource (if you are crazy enough, feel free to read through all 100+ pages for more info!) as well as the thread with the Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource since that list is added at the bottom of this page.

A new thread was created so that all the most useful information from the old thread would be on the first page, in order to (1) hopefully reduce some of the repeated questions in the thread (2) help brides who find the information in the official Wedding Guide confusing and (3) reduce the number of questions being asked to the coordinators and provide answers to stressed out brides who are frustrated with the lack of response from the Dreams Tulum coordinators.

If you have any important information (or photos) you think should be added to the front page, please send me a PM.

A FEW NOTES FOR NEW BRIDES:

1)Please take a minute to introduce yourself and tell us your wedding date. We love meeting new brides!

2)PLEASE READ FULLY THROUGH THE FIRST FEW PAGES OF INFORMATION BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS IN OUR THREAD. Once you have done so, if you are still confused or your information is not here feel free to post questions!

3)If you have questions that are not directly related to Dreams Tulum, it would be better to post them either in the Mayan Riviera Forum (if itâ€s something about the airport, activities in the area, finding a local photographer/videographer or other vendor etc) or in the BDW General forums (for stuff like dresses, do it yourself projects, etc)

4)Be aware that the wedding coordinators are very slow at responding to emailed questions. Thatâ€s what weâ€re here for! Weâ€ll do our best to help you plan. But know that once you arrive there, you will be so impressed with the coordinators. So just try to relax during the planning process. Every bride whoâ€s posted a review was really amazed at how organized the wedding coordinators are and how everything comes together at the last minute. They all say they wished they had relaxed more because there was no point in worrying before hand.

5)When you come back, please please please POST A REVIEW!!!! If youâ€ve benefited at all from this community the best thing you can do to give back and keep it going for future brides is post a review and pictures. Tell us everything that went right, and more importantly, everything that went wrong (there is rarely anything that goes wrong at this resort so it's pretty rare we get to read about such experiences) so that we can learn from your experience.

DISCLAIMER: This information was collected from my/our interpretation of the Dreams Tulum Wedding Guide (link below) and from various brides. Some of the information could be inaccurate and may change over time. Donâ€t blame us, weâ€re just trying to help you!!!

(in order to seperate the resort info from personal comments/opinions I have usually marked the later with an "*", not to be confused with "***" which is sometimes used to indicate important notes)
Cancun! Lovely photos! We are definitely excited for our upcoming Cancun wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_tx View Post
Thanks Amy, nice review, for some reason i couldn't see your pics, probably my work computer blocking them though, i've been printing pictures of everything i want all week just because of yours and Michelle's advice. Thanks again!
Angie -

If you can't see the pics when you try again next time, let me know and I can email a few to you. If you are considering the resort photographer, you'll definately want to see some of te great work they can do!