Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_tx View Post
just one question, where do you buy those LED throwies...??

Angie - You have to actually buy the part and put them together yourself (usually at the resort)... it was really easy... here is the thread with the instructions:


http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...anterns-37079/

P.S. I just bought all my stuff on Ebay and it was really cheap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
Hi girls!
Are there any brides out there that do not plan on bringing decorations?? I am so torn. I honestly wasn't planning on bringing anything from the get-go, but now I'm seeing all these reviews and it seems as if most bring stuff with them (i.e. lanterns, candles, chair sashes, table runners,etc.) I don't want everything to be dull, I was just hoping the natural surroundings would be enough. Any thoughtshuh.gif
Totally up to you! Although I brought decorations, there are tons of other things that I didn't bother with which most other brides here do. So don't feel pressured to do all the same stuff as the other brides on here. We each do the stuff we feel like and skip on the stuff we don't want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree- the ocean in the background will be enough decor!! =) I am going totally with the mexican theme, and we're putting tequila bottles on the tables with little cards on how to taste the different kinds of tequila, and little mexican decorations, we're also hanging up mexican paper cut out banners!!

So I asked Aurora some more questions when I returned my packet of info to her:

I told her that we are going to put tequila bottles on each of the tables, and other small decorations. We also have mexican cut out banners to hang.

I thought the fee for a set up was $150, but she told me the decoration fee is $3 usd per person...weird?

I also don't like the fillings for the wedding cakes, so I asked if we could have vanilla she said yes.

That's about it for now =)

xo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
I agree- the ocean in the background will be enough decor!! =) I am going totally with the mexican theme, and we're putting tequila bottles on the tables with little cards on how to taste the different kinds of tequila, and little mexican decorations, we're also hanging up mexican paper cut out banners!!
So I asked Aurora some more questions when I returned my packet of info to her:
I told her that we are going to put tequila bottles on each of the tables, and other small decorations. We also have mexican cut out banners to hang.
I thought the fee for a set up was $150, but she told me the decoration fee is $3 usd per person...weird?
I also don't like the fillings for the wedding cakes, so I asked if we could have vanilla she said yes.
That's about it for now =)
xo
Hey there, Aurora also quoted me $3 per person for a setup fee, but everything I've read on here says that once you get down there that you won't even be dealing or see Aurora, as they have different people for answering emails and doing actual wedding coordinating of the event. There were several people who said they were quoted things by Aurora and then once they had the wedding contract, they weren't charged the things that Aurora had said. I think Aurora is really by the book, and the wedding coordinators are more flexible. Everything I've read says that if you bring your own stuff, you will be charged $150 for setup for everything - sashes, tulle, decos, etc. and that's it - no $3 per person charge, just a flat $150. I'm just hoping that doesn't change before I get down there. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by krista.baird View Post
Hey there, Aurora also quoted me $3 per person for a setup fee, but everything I've read on here says that once you get down there that you won't even be dealing or see Aurora, as they have different people for answering emails and doing actual wedding coordinating of the event. There were several people who said they were quoted things by Aurora and then once they had the wedding contract, they weren't charged the things that Aurora had said. I think Aurora is really by the book, and the wedding coordinators are more flexible. Everything I've read says that if you bring your own stuff, you will be charged $150 for setup for everything - sashes, tulle, decos, etc. and that's it - no $3 per person charge, just a flat $150. I'm just hoping that doesn't change before I get down there. :)
My experience with certain things like this (and for instance having more than one entree choice at the reception) is you just say outright "we want 13 of the chicken and 12 of the beef" for the entrees, don't really "ask". With the setup fee, we were going over any "extras" I wanted added to the package and I just put in the $150 as a setup cost for everything (ceremony and reception) and it wasn't questioned. I didn't even mention a $2 or $3 a person charge, I just said we would pay$150 for everything. Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll budget in $150 for a set up fee just to be on the safe side =) It only works out to be a $15 difference for me.

I am so excited...I just want to be in mexico. At this point, I've come to the conclusion that just as long as Rich (my fiance) shows up, (which he will because we're flying down together HAHAHAHA) everything will be GREAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
I'll budget in $150 for a set up fee just to be on the safe side =) It only works out to be a $15 difference for me.
I am so excited...I just want to be in mexico. At this point, I've come to the conclusion that just as long as Rich (my fiance) shows up, (which he will because we're flying down together HAHAHAHA) everything will be GREAT.
Ha ha, that's EXACTLY how I feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
I'll budget in $150 for a set up fee just to be on the safe side =) It only works out to be a $15 difference for me.
I am so excited...I just want to be in mexico. At this point, I've come to the conclusion that just as long as Rich (my fiance) shows up, (which he will because we're flying down together HAHAHAHA) everything will be GREAT.

i feel the same way!! At this point, i really don't care anymore. I just want to be at DT sipping on a nice frozen drink, hanging out with my FI and family. smile123.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
    • Thank you! I did not make these. I purchased them from a business. They are still for sale if you are interested!
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...