The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSunshine View Post
Hi ladies! I was wondering are you going to be doing any shopping outside of the resort? I was reading that PDC's 5th Ave. is about 45 minutes away from DT. If you are going to do any shopping there are you going to rent a car, taxi, or take a shuttle? I really do like this resort but I'm having a tough time deciding if I want to stay here. I know it's farther away which can be good or bad. I like that it is secluded but how secluded is it? Also, I was reading SunBrides's review on DT and mentioned that the beach was terrible. I love the beach...is it really that bad?

I see that you can get married in the chapel or on the beach...is there a charge to have the ceremony on the beach since they don't have a gazebo? Maybe I missed this conversation but is it true that you can use an outside photographer? I remember hearing earlier this year that Dreams wasn't allowing outside photographers. Two more questions I promise. Are the in-house photographers any good? and is it true that DT offers more thand DPA? Thanks for your help :)
The answers to most of your questions are on page one.

You can take a taxi to PDC (I forget the charge, look it up in my review, something like 40$) or the public transit bus for 2$

The resort is quite secluded, but the town and ruins are and other resorts are a few minutes drive away.

The beach isn't terrible, but it's not great. It's pretty much the same all around the mayan riviera. Dreams Tulum is better than many other resorts, but still not great in my opinion (I'm comparing to other locations outside the mayan riviera that I've been to where the beach has been awesome).

No charge to get married on the beach.

They do allow outside photographers for no fee, you just pay a day pass only if you photographer needs to eat.

Past brides have mixed opinions about the phographers. Most agree they aren't awesome, some think they are still pretty good, others were overall disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
The beach isn't terrible, but it's not great. It's pretty much the same all around the mayan riviera. Dreams Tulum is better than many other resorts, but still not great in my opinion (I'm comparing to other locations outside the mayan riviera that I've been to where the beach has been awesome).
The resorts in the Mayan Riviera on Maroma Beach all have excellent beaches FYI (Maroma Beach is rated among the top 5 in the world) and is only 30 miles away from the airport ($20 cab to Playa del Carmen)...

I was moved from Dreams Tulum to Secrets Maroma Beach for my wedding this past November (when Dreams was closed) and the beach was SPECTACULAR at Secrets and one of the best parts about being moved despite my sadness about not being at Dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodylynn007 View Post
The resorts in the Mayan Riviera on Maroma Beach all have excellent beaches FYI (Maroma Beach is rated among the top 5 in the world) and is only 30 miles away from the airport ($20 cab to Playa del Carmen)...

I was moved from Dreams Tulum to Secrets Maroma Beach for my wedding this past November (when Dreams was closed) and the beach was SPECTACULAR at Secrets and one of the best parts about being moved despite my sadness about not being at Dreams.
Yeah I did hear about Maroma Beach being one of the best from Discovery Travel Channel. Secrets Maroma was one of my top choices but it was too expensive plus I need a kid friendly resort. I like the way DT looks...it has that hacienda style that I'm looking for. Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it :)

Hey Ladies, longtime since posting. I have been extremly busy, and finally just got a responce back from my last email to the resort on 10/31. Natalia wrote me back and told me that not to worry about my $500 deposit that they don't need it. smile159.gif And that I need to complete the forms she attached, which I already know that I have and sent back months ago. I am just glad that I finally got a responce.

I am so glad evrything is finally coming together. Today is my final fitting for my dress, and we have to pick up our wedding bands.

Does anyone know if you can have a cocktail hour on top of the big staircase?

just catching up on the last few pages of the chat and saw that someone was asking about moving the "gazebo" further down the beach. i asked this when i was there last summer because i wanted it to be more private, as well. unfortunately, the gazebos (on both ends of the beach) are anchored into the ground and cannot be moved. bummer, but don't worry too much because there are ways to make sure no one is right on top of you. i've specifically asked (and Landy agreed) to move the beach chairs further away...we'll just have our own stuff on those specific chairs that day so its not like they have to kick people off of them, just our stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
I know! It is crazy!
I am meeting with Lizet on the 23rd at 11am to discuss options and stuff for the wedding. Does anyone want me to ask anything etc. when I meet with her
would you mind confirming a couple things for me since you'll probably be there before I get a response from the WCs:

- the DJ will have a microphone
- if we provide a song list to the DJ, he'll definitely have/get all the songs
- symbolic ceremony will be "officiated" by a minister, not a Dreams WC

Thanks so much!

(I'm also wondering about a cigar roller, so if you happen to see one there at night during your visit, let me know)