Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#791 Callie

Callie
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:10 PM

Sister, Neen- thanks for the ideas! I am officially in crazy last minute planning mode!

About bringing the dress on a plane- my sister called and arranged for hers to be hung up on the plane somewhere. I have also seen dresses in the overhead compartment- just make sure you get on the plane early enough to get some room :)

#792 SunBride

SunBride
    • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Callie
      Sister, Neen- thanks for the ideas! I am officially in crazy last minute planning mode!

About bringing the dress on a plane- my sister called and arranged for hers to be hung up on the plane somewhere. I have also seen dresses in the overhead compartment- just make sure you get on the plane early enough to get some room :)
      Callie I forget your situation - are you and your sister getting married in a double wedding ? ? ? (I think you mentioned her recently in another post and it sounded like she was getting married so I'm confused if it's you or her or both) If so, is she a member here too?

#793 ashjanbro

ashjanbro
      • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

For all of you girls who have already gotten married and brought their own decorations. About how long do you think the aisle runner should be, for a decent aisle. I don't know exactly where you start walking from (I plan to be on the beach next to seaside grill)? Also, I am bringing my own tulle and bows for the chairs. I would really like to know how much tulle would be enough to cover the arbor well (Sort of like Brooke's pics) and how much fabric for the bows should I use. Do you think tulle is okay for the bows too, or should I use a heavier fabric?

#794 amy706

amy706
        • 506 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

I bought tulle for my chairs as well. That's what Sunbride used and it looked GREAT! I'm pretty sure she got 54 x40 from Tulle Bolt 54"x40 Yard <br>wedding tulle wedding decorations<font color=red><br> From $16.95 Per Bolt</font>.

Related topic sort of random question- Sunbride, did you cut the tulle beforehand or did you pack the whole spool?
          Amy706
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#795 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:15 AM

it depends what look you want for the chair bows, tulle bows is a very different look from regular bows.

i.e. tulle versus normal bow material (silk or whatever it is)

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

actual bow versus just the fold over look

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Tulle I think is the cheapest way to go as the small bolt that sells for under 5$ can do approx 10 chairs.

I bought the large bolts (54"x40 yards) for the gazebo (I recommend getting 2, either the same color or different color) and the small bolts (6"x ?) for the chairs. To pack them I just pulled the cardboard out of the bolt. The resort cut the pieces as needed

#796 Lindz

Lindz
            • 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:05 AM

I love the starfish with the blue on the chairs...has anyone found starfish as a decoration?? If so where?

#797 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

I got my starfish at Michaels for about 4$ each. If you are in the U.S. and/or buying large quantities you may be better buying them online (for me the price of shipping to Canada made it not worthwhile).

#798 neen

neen
                • 633 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:43 PM

I just ordered my organza chair bows and table overlays this morning. My colors are navy blue and tropical green, so i'm using navy bows and table overlays for the ceremony/reception (with a green overlay on the cake table) and then green overlays and bows for the handful of tables/chairs during the cocktail hour.

I ordered a total of 85 organza chair bows and 12 table overlays (72x72 for 60" round tables) for $188...not bad considering if I went with the resort's option it would have been WAY more :) I ordered from efavormart.com

I also just did my table seating chart and think it'll work out great...so excited!

It's getting SO close and I'm starting to stress...still have to buy the shirts for the groomsmen, my dad's outfit, my jewelry and veil, FI's shoes, and the reception dinner menus. I'm shopping tonight for the shirts/outfits, shoes, and jewelry and will do the menus this weekend. Veil is another issue...

Also need to figure out wedding party/parent gifts and what we want to do in terms of welcome bags, cigar roller, pashminas...and then also the seating cards (we're wrapping electric tealights with vellum with the people's name and table on the vellum)

then it'll just be shopping for the wedding and honeymoon wardrobe :) oh yea, and lose 10lbs

#799 Callie

Callie
                  • 51 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SunBride
                    Callie I forget your situation - are you and your sister getting married in a double wedding ? ? ? (I think you mentioned her recently in another post and it sounded like she was getting married so I'm confused if it's you or her or both) If so, is she a member here too?
                    My sister just recently married, and she had a destination wedding in Italy- so many of her experiences come in handy when planning my wedding. It'll just be me getting married in December though. Sorry for the confusion!

#800 latinalocany

latinalocany
                    • 215 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by neen
                      I just ordered my organza chair bows and table overlays this morning. My colors are navy blue and tropical green, so i'm using navy bows and table overlays for the ceremony/reception (with a green overlay on the cake table) and then green overlays and bows for the handful of tables/chairs during the cocktail hour.

I ordered a total of 85 organza chair bows and 12 table overlays (72x72 for 60" round tables) for $188...not bad considering if I went with the resort's option it would have been WAY more :) I ordered from efavormart.com

I also just did my table seating chart and think it'll work out great...so excited!

It's getting SO close and I'm starting to stress...still have to buy the shirts for the groomsmen, my dad's outfit, my jewelry and veil, FI's shoes, and the reception dinner menus. I'm shopping tonight for the shirts/outfits, shoes, and jewelry and will do the menus this weekend. Veil is another issue...

Also need to figure out wedding party/parent gifts and what we want to do in terms of welcome bags, cigar roller, pashminas...and then also the seating cards (we're wrapping electric tealights with vellum with the people's name and table on the vellum)

then it'll just be shopping for the wedding and honeymoon wardrobe :) oh yea, and lose 10lbs
                      OMG you are on a roll!!! how exciting and next thing you know the day is here!!
                      i tried to research your post about your reception at the seaside grill. im interested in having mine there. are you paying the $750 to rent it out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users