Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#671 Teesha

Teesha
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

My TA heard that from SunWing (the carrier we booked our package vacation with). I just called my TA again and told her what you heard and she is going to check again. I will give everyone an update when I get one.

#672 SunBride

SunBride
    • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Teesha
      My TA heard that from SunWing (the carrier we booked our package vacation with). I just called my TA again and told her what you heard and she is going to check again. I will give everyone an update when I get one.
      Yeah, I would not trust the carriers, they are just going to say what you want to hear. They are supplying hundreds of resorts, I doubt they bother to stay up to date on situations like this (in fact this proves they don't!) I would stick to the word directly from the hotel or a TA who was been in touch with the hotel.

#673 latinalocany

latinalocany
      • 215 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

i just copied this from the dreams forum,

Dreams Staff
        Global Moderator

Re: Dreams Tulum closed
        « Reply #26 Today at 3:22pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Just wanted to let everyone know the latest info.
        As of right now, we are in the process of moving all arrivals through October 13th.
        Should there be any further delay, guests will be notified immediately.

Thanks!

#674 sdtooley

sdtooley
        • 109 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

This is absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for spending so much time creating such wonderful pages full of information for me and other Tulum Brides!

#675 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

if you want to be part of the petition go to this thread

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t30346

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#676 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

reminder please keep all discussion about teh closure of dreams tulum here:
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t29989

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#677 Melissa24

Melissa24
          • 35 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

Hi Ladies-

It has been awhile since I posted. I have a question, I received an email from Lizette asking to send my DEPOSIT of $500 to her with an authorization form she attached. If I remember this whole thing with deposit came up a while back and most of us were told that as long as we had a confirmation number we were fine. I emailed her back and asked when she needed this by and to date have had no responce from her. The email I received from her was on 10/4 asking for the money and I sent her a very quick responce back as $500 is not something that is just hanging around my FI and my bank acount. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten an email form any of the WC at the resort or if I was just the lucky bride to have received. When I told my FI he was not very happy!

#678 SunBride

SunBride
            • 1,499 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Melissa24
              Hi Ladies-

It has been awhile since I posted. I have a question, I received an email from Lizette asking to send my DEPOSIT of $500 to her with an authorization form she attached. If I remember this whole thing with deposit came up a while back and most of us were told that as long as we had a confirmation number we were fine. I emailed her back and asked when she needed this by and to date have had no responce from her. The email I received from her was on 10/4 asking for the money and I sent her a very quick responce back as $500 is not something that is just hanging around my FI and my bank acount. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten an email form any of the WC at the resort or if I was just the lucky bride to have received. When I told my FI he was not very happy!
              Maybe try explaining to her that the deposit policy was in effect when you booked and that you've heard on here (BDW - they know about the forum I'm sure) that other brides haven't paid the deposit so you don't want to. Maybe they will let in slide since it's true they never told you before. If you really have to pay it, maybe you can ask them to give you 2 months or so to get the money together.

#679 cendcar

cendcar
              • 163 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

Quote:
                Hi Ladies-

You may also mention that with the resort under its current conditions, you would like to hold of until there is a 100% guarantee that the resort has re-opened!

#680 neen

neen
                • 633 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Quote:
                  Hi Ladies-

I'm getting married at DT on 1/17 and I didn't receive an email asking for a deposit, so that's odd...I would follow what the other ladies have said - reply telling her this policy was not in effect when you booked, but that you'll be happy to pay it once all this legal business is taken care of!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users