Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#631 can't wait!

can't wait!
  • Member
  • 517 posts

    Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:39 PM

    But you know... at least they are being pro-active. Remember, this is the Landy who takes WEEKS to get back to you. I find comfort in knowing they will work to keep your entire group together. I know it sucks. But at least they are working on having a back-up plan NOW as opposed to scrambling on the day of the wedding.

    I'm just curious to find out what the "on time" in her email means. What is their timeline?! They aren't specific about it!

    #632 latinalocany

    latinalocany
    • Jr. Member
    • 215 posts

      Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jennyatk
      I really hope Landy is as organized as you say! I am getting married in May 27 09 I have a TA who has been great with getting all the paperwork and everything together but! As I was on here reading as everyone else I got a bit worried about the deposit because I thought my day was locked in stone but I never paid and we booked back in June. So am I booked under the old or new?? Because now that I have brought it up she wants a deposit. So I sent my TA an email telling her my concern about me being confirmed and this deposit thing. Also in the guide it states you and your witness must be there four business days before the wedding well we will only be there 3 and Landy has written emails saying this is ok but when Landy recently responded she wrote something else in the email!! Completely different from what I have been told and reassured of. Everything has been soo inconsistent and it has me a bit worried and I'm a pretty laid back person! I know they say a lot of things and end up doing something different from what I have read on other posts but wow a little consistancy would be nice!
      hey jenny
      my wedding date is the 26th, did you receive a confirmation # for you date? i didnt have to put a deposit.til maybe a month before i think.

      #633 latinalocany

      latinalocany
      • Jr. Member
      • 215 posts

        Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

        hey trisha,
        i just saw your planning thread, and you look sooooooooo beautiful!!! you did an awesome job on everything!! i got a little emotional when i saw you in the dress and i dont even know you in person! but these past few days, i have been really praying for you girls and i know on the your big day all that will matter is when you look into eachothers eyes and say "I DO", your loved ones will be there and it will all be fine! I feel very proud to be a part of the forum. the support is amazing!!!

        #634 piggy

        piggy
        • Newbie
        • 14 posts

          Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by trisha0612
          Just got an email from Landy....this is what it says...it's still very vague and FRUSTRATING!

          Dear Bride and Groom :

          As probably you already know we have been close down by the government last Friday, and unfortunately we are not able to receive guests in the hotel , the management and owners are doing all possible to receive guests normally as soon as possible .

          We are trying to keep as much as possible your wedding plans as originally planned , we hope that we would be able to open the hotel shortly but we in case we couldn’t , we should be prepared and planned.

          We really need your help , we won’t split any wedding group so for that reason we need URGENTLY get your list of guests, please fill out attached form, IF YOU do not have the flight info just fill the arrival and departure date that is enough.

          Please send this information as soon as you can , we really need it to make the proper plan in case we can not open the hotel ON TIME for your wedding, but please do not take this like a confirmation or something , we just want to be planned properly for any situation .
          OMG! I just got this email from Landy too today! I had no idea as I have not been on this site in a very long while. My wedding is next week and now I am freaking out. What are we to do? I purchased my travel through expedia and I phoned in and they had no idea either. They called the hotel and confirmed my reservation and said there was no problem! Werid I am so distressed.

          #635 amyc

          amyc
          • Newbie
          • 38 posts

            Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:01 AM

            Hi girls-

            Wow...what a week huh? For those of you getting married in the next few weeks...hang in there. I'm sure everything will turn out beautifully and in the end the result will be the same...you'll be married to the love of your life!

            My wedding isn't until next July but I must admit that this whole situation has me stressed. This morning I was ready to go to the local JP and just be done with it, by lunch I had decided to have a local wedding, after lunch I decided I definitely wanted a destination wedding but at a different resort, then I decided to get married in my backyard because I know it will be available when ever I want it, and then....wellllll after all that I decided to drink some wine! The best decision I've made all day. :)

            I'm curious about the girls that have weddings scheduled further out...are you planning to stick with Dreams Tulum or are you going to try to book your wedding elsewhere? It sounds like the closure is temporary but a court battle could be in the works. My worst fear is that the court battle will end with a permanent closure around the time of my wedding. I just don't know if it's worth the uncertainty at this point. Honestly I don't know what to do and would love to hear your thoughts.

            Amy

            #636 MonoAmor

            MonoAmor
            • Newbie
            • 93 posts

              Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

              Hey girls,

              What a situation!! Has any DT brides, besides the ladies this coming week, moved their weddings yet? We are scheduled to arrive there on Nov 10, but we have taken time off to go away and have some time to ourselves starting Oct 30. So Im trying to decide if we should start looking around to move resorts, but I dont know where to start? I contacted my travel agent but she refuses to tell me what my options are because she is convinced everything will be fine. Im hoping it will be fine too in a couple of weeks, but I like to be prepared.

              My biggest concern is that I wasnt planning on having an outdoor ceremony. We were so pumped about the chapel at Dreams Tulum, which is what sold us on the resort. Im not interested in having a beach wedding (although they are beautiful, just not my thing). Are there any other resorts that have a chapel? Or are there any churches that offer non-demoninational ceremonies in the area?

              So does anyone know the process of changing resorts at this time? I went with Air Canada Vacations and they wont talk to me because I booked through an agent, who isnt concerned. Suggestions??

              Lastly, I admit that Im really amazed by some of the other brides who are having to deal with this so close to their weddings. I told my fiance about them and we both agreed that we would never be able to have such a great attitude towards the situation! Its showed me a lot that its really not so much about the small stuff...

              #637 Blkatz

              Blkatz
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,025 posts

                Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by amyc
                Hi girls-

                Wow...what a week huh? For those of you getting married in the next few weeks...hang in there. I'm sure everything will turn out beautifully and in the end the result will be the same...you'll be married to the love of your life!

                My wedding isn't until next July but I must admit that this whole situation has me stressed. This morning I was ready to go to the local JP and just be done with it, by lunch I had decided to have a local wedding, after lunch I decided I definitely wanted a destination wedding but at a different resort, then I decided to get married in my backyard because I know it will be available when ever I want it, and then....wellllll after all that I decided to drink some wine! The best decision I've made all day. :)

                I'm curious about the girls that have weddings scheduled further out...are you planning to stick with Dreams Tulum or are you going to try to book your wedding elsewhere? It sounds like the closure is temporary but a court battle could be in the works. My worst fear is that the court battle will end with a permanent closure around the time of my wedding. I just don't know if it's worth the uncertainty at this point. Honestly I don't know what to do and would love to hear your thoughts.

                Amy
                I am not getting married until May 2 2009 and no I am not changing my plans yet. The resort is very confident that they will re-open...I also think that it is 7 months away and there is plenty of time for them to get everything worked out

                #638 sgbrown

                sgbrown
                • Newbie
                • 130 posts

                  Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MonoAmor
                  Hey girls,

                  What a situation!! Has any DT brides, besides the ladies this coming week, moved their weddings yet? We are scheduled to arrive there on Nov 10, but we have taken time off to go away and have some time to ourselves starting Oct 30. So Im trying to decide if we should start looking around to move resorts, but I dont know where to start? I contacted my travel agent but she refuses to tell me what my options are because she is convinced everything will be fine. Im hoping it will be fine too in a couple of weeks, but I like to be prepared.

                  My biggest concern is that I wasnt planning on having an outdoor ceremony. We were so pumped about the chapel at Dreams Tulum, which is what sold us on the resort. Im not interested in having a beach wedding (although they are beautiful, just not my thing). Are there any other resorts that have a chapel? Or are there any churches that offer non-demoninational ceremonies in the area?

                  So does anyone know the process of changing resorts at this time? I went with Air Canada Vacations and they wont talk to me because I booked through an agent, who isnt concerned. Suggestions??

                  Lastly, I admit that Im really amazed by some of the other brides who are having to deal with this so close to their weddings. I told my fiance about them and we both agreed that we would never be able to have such a great attitude towards the situation! Its showed me a lot that its really not so much about the small stuff...
                  When I first heard about the closure, I thought, f*%# this! I just want to elope! After my heart started beating normally again, I thought it might be wise to look into other resorts, just in case the closure ended up being more long-term. I contacted the wedding coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras (the new one scheduled to open in November) and told her that I was a DT bride and I was looking to see whether May 7, 2009 was available in case things didn't get sorted out at DT, and she responded within hours to tell me not to worry, that everything would be sorted out and there was no need for me to change locations (and besides, my date wasn't available!)

                  So, I have calmed down a lot and decided not to look into any more resorts (besides, May is so busy for weddings, I'm not sure I'll be able to find another resort that has my date available and room for my 50 guests). After some long talks with my FH, we decided that we picked DT for a reason and we're going to stick it out, for better or for worse. Hang in there ladies, I'm sure everything will be OK. I think our energy is better spent sending positive thoughts and prayers to all the brides with weddings in the next 2 weeks...

                  #639 SunBride

                  SunBride
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,499 posts

                    Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by can't wait!
                    But you know... at least they are being pro-active. Remember, this is the Landy who takes WEEKS to get back to you. I find comfort in knowing they will work to keep your entire group together. I know it sucks. But at least they are working on having a back-up plan NOW as opposed to scrambling on the day of the wedding.

                    I'm just curious to find out what the "on time" in her email means. What is their timeline?! They aren't specific about it!
                    I agree that it's good to know they are trying to get organized in advance in case weddings do have to be canceled. What is unfortunate though is that head office should be sending out a better email. Landy's written english it not that great. It's okay for her to send an email out requesting your guest list, but why wasn't a proper email drafted by somebody higher up, I mean like a President or VP or something, somebody with good english who can write a nice letter explaining the situation and apologizing for inconvenience.

                    Anyways, for ladies whose weddings are still a few months away, why not hold tight? I mean it has only been a couple days since all this way announced so why not give it a couple weeks (or a month if your wedding is many months away). For those who are getting married in November, yeah, you might want to start thinking about other options. I wouldn't actually change yet but it might be usefull to do a little research now so that if worse comes to worse you will have a bit of the work done in advance.

                    As for the person who asked about other resorts that have a chapel or other indoor location, why not start a seperate thread asking that? People on this thread mostly only know about Dreams Tulum! Don't be scared to ask the people on the rest of the forum (especially the Mayan Riviera forum) to help you out.

                    #640 can't wait!

                    can't wait!
                    • Member
                    • 517 posts

                      Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:34 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MonoAmor
                      Hey girls,

                      What a situation!! Has any DT brides, besides the ladies this coming week, moved their weddings yet? We are scheduled to arrive there on Nov 10, but we have taken time off to go away and have some time to ourselves starting Oct 30. So Im trying to decide if we should start looking around to move resorts, but I dont know where to start? I contacted my travel agent but she refuses to tell me what my options are because she is convinced everything will be fine. Im hoping it will be fine too in a couple of weeks, but I like to be prepared.

                      My biggest concern is that I wasnt planning on having an outdoor ceremony. We were so pumped about the chapel at Dreams Tulum, which is what sold us on the resort. Im not interested in having a beach wedding (although they are beautiful, just not my thing). Are there any other resorts that have a chapel? Or are there any churches that offer non-demoninational ceremonies in the area?

                      So does anyone know the process of changing resorts at this time? I went with Air Canada Vacations and they wont talk to me because I booked through an agent, who isnt concerned. Suggestions??

                      Lastly, I admit that Im really amazed by some of the other brides who are having to deal with this so close to their weddings. I told my fiance about them and we both agreed that we would never be able to have such a great attitude towards the situation! Its showed me a lot that its really not so much about the small stuff...
                      I've begun researching other resorts. And just like you...it was the chapel that sold DT for me. My FH tells me to hold off a bit but I don't want to wait and then not find a nice resort with our wedding date available. I know one of the El Dorado Royale Hotels has a beautiful chapel. The problem for me is that my nieces and nephews are going and that particular resort does not allow children.
                      So I totally get why you want to start looking. And if it makes you feel any better, my TA also told me she wouldn't research other places because she's confident DT will be back and running. I wanted to fire her right then and there. She wasn't go to do the leg work, she said!!! Sooo, I spent yesterday researching like a mad woman. Why did I hire her again!?!?
                      let's hope today brings good news!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users